Chapter 13

The house in Forks was built deep into the forest near cliffs, it overlooked the lake and was hidden from sight, unlike the Cullen house which was easier to access and had a basic build. Sloane had put hard work and dedication into this house and was quite proud of it. They had only brought their clothing the immortal had gifted them with new credit and debit cards. Their new names shone on the cards while the immortal let out a small scoff as she muttered about how Carlisle had held them back.

Sloane had contacted her mother to place a barrier around her property and had settled into her house peacefully. Tanya Denali happily agreed to the guardianship and was currently staying in the guest bedroom as she had to go to school tomorrow with her wards. Sloane was at peace as she and Jasper chased each other in the water. As the two spent their time together Rosalie walked to the edge of the pier and sat down "Sloane, we are no longer part of the Cullen coven neither are we Volturi so what are we now."

Sloane paused and tilted her head before speaking softly "Sangue Degli Immortali" As Sloane spoke, she saw the pleased look on Rosalie's face "I like it" Jasper kissed his mate's wet shoulder before kissing their bonding mark. Emmett seemed to agree as he sat up in his lounge chair after googling the translation and gave Sloane a large smile "I love it".

The group spent their time resting before Tanya joined them with the papers "Everything is done I listed my human alias so if any checks are done, they will be legal, Oh thanks for the shipments of dragon blood" Sloane smiled and nodded before she pulled Jasper under the water with a big smile.

The two were happy and Rosalie was finally a peace she glanced at her brother who was finally relaxed and grinning and nodded. Sloane had saved them from a life of misery. The peace however did not last long as Sloane felt someone trying to get past the barrier. She groaned and got out of the water Jasper was behind her, his brown eyes narrowed as they approached the road leading up to their garage.

It was one of the La Push wolf shifters, he was tall and tanned his dark eyes narrowed at them when he saw Sloane and Jasper. He observed them for a bit before relaxing as neither appeared to be vampires. "Hello I'm Sam, you live close to the La Push reserve so we thought we would welcome our new neighbours" Sloane raised an eyebrow "We?"

Out of nowhere came a man in a wheelchair followed by two boys who looked similar to Sam. Sloane tilted her head and scoffed. "Wolf shifters are not welcome," the men stiffened before becoming on guard. "I refuse to have beings with such low self-control near my home" Sloane continued before strengthening the barrier. "Plus, in the supernatural community, you La Push shifters are not seen well."

Billy Black was confused and chose to ask, "Supernatural community? why are we seen in a negative light " Sloane began to laugh "Did you think you were the only shifters in the world? You are not in addition to that you are the only shifters that treat vampires that way" Billy paused and turned to Paul "Tell the other elders to come". The boy nodded and quickly brought up a group of men.

Sloane smirked and then started at them and spoke "My mother is called the mother of monsters, she has dominion over creatures of the night, you wolves are the only ones that go against your true instinct" Her eyes glowed a bit before she grinned "Until you understand the truth of your kind and what you are truly meant to do you will all lose the ability to shift"

There was a faint glow before Sam, Jared and Paul gasped they felt the wolf spirit leave them and they turned to Sloane who smirked "Now get the hell off my property" Immediately they ran off leaving the immortal with a pleased expression.

Rosalie allowed herself to appear beside Sloane her eyes filled with humour, finally, they won't be able to use their knowledge against them. While the woman had learned that her previous behaviour was horrible and genuinely repented for it, but she was not the only party in the wrong.

Sloane just nodded and turned to Jasper "Taking away their wolves will allow their tribe to heal, unfortunately, poor Leah would have to still have to bare seeing her cousin and ex-fiancé kiss". The two blondes both flinched and shuffled nervously "What is it". The two avoided looking at Sloane but the immortal stepped in front of them "Tell me before I find out". At the slight demand Jasper broke "He imprinted on Emily" Sloane paused and turned to Rosalie who could only shake her head at her brother's bluntness. "Is he serious?"

When Rosalie confirmed this, the woman lowered herself to the ground and let out a groan of frustration "You mean to tell me that he could have had a platonic or family bond with her even a protector and he decided to become her LOVER" Rosalie nodded before stepping away "Oh I hear Emmett calling me bye" as the blonde practically vampire sprinted for her life Jasper was looking at Sloane with dark eyes.

Without a second thought, he tossed her over his shoulder and made his way to their shared bedroom. "I adore you; I happily worship the ground you walk on, but you are a seductress even when furious" The look Sloane gave him in response only proved his point.

Tanya flinched when she heard the sounds "All of a sudden, I wish I didn't have super hearing".