Chapter 9

Friday came by in a blink of an eye and I'm currently waiting for Dylan's return-as well as for his update on whether he'll accompany me tomorrow or not.

I was in the living room's couch, just passing time and I had managed to finally finish the book I started a month ago on a whim. It was quite lovely and I mentally scolded myself for not finishing it sooner.

As I go over the synopsis again, I heard the front door opening, indicating that the man I've been waiting for since earlier has finally arrived. I whipped my head to the entrance's direction and just sat there, waiting for Dylan to appear-and so he had after a few seconds of me just staring.

"Hey," he waved a little as he saw me. "What's up?"

"Not much. Was just reading a book," I lifted the novel in my hand for him to see and then lowered it soon after. "Have you eaten?"

"Yeah, I ate a while ago," he went over to where I was and sat next to me on the couch. "It's pretty rare to see you in the living room."

"Is it?"

"Yes, it is."

I hummed in response, kind of surprised for the observation he had. "Well, I felt bored and I was waiting for you."

He looked at me as if asking why I was waiting for him and I shrugged. "Remember how I asked you if you'd like to come with me for the home service tomorrow?"

"Ah," he answered. "That."

Dylan stared off into space for a tad bit, looking as if he's having a mental dilemma. I dropped the book on the side table to my right and stood up, stretching my arms and legs. I turned and looked at Dylan and it seems like he wants to say something that he thinks I won't be forgiving him for.

"It's all right if you forgot," I said, not waiting for him to speak. "I'll just go alone."

"No, Thomas-"

I pivoted and was already heading to leave the room when Dylan grabbed my wrist to stop me. I turned and just stared at him, giving him time to speak.

"I'm sorry. I forgot," he finally said, looking at me with eyes full of guilt. I just sighed and retracted my hands from him and crossed my arms.

"I figured," I heaved another sigh and uncrossed my arms, trying to relax them on my sides. "It's fine. It's cool. No big deal. I'm going up now to sleep."

"Thomas, come on," Dylan grumbled. "I'm sorry."

I just started walking up the stairs with him following behind, calling my name. On the fifth step, I suddenly stopped dead on my tracks, causing him to bump into my back. I turned around and kept a calm face. "I told you that it's okay, so quit following me."

I didn't wait for his reply and continued walking up, but he grabbed my arm again and forced me to face him. "Look, I was just really busy with school and work. It left my mind but I didn't mean for it to happen."

"And I'm telling you that it's okay. It's not a big deal if you forgot or not."

He let out a frustrated grumble and scratched his head furiously. "But you're upset!"

"Who told you I'm upset? I'm not!"

"See, you're yelling at me!"

"Because you raised your voice first!" I answered in a now mirrored frustration. "I'm telling you to let it bloody go! Why can't you just let it go?!"

"Because I don't like it when you're upset!" he yelled and that shut us up for a few seconds.

"What did you just say?" I asked him after finally regaining my thoughts, softening my voice as I speak.