iv. maybe

UPON MEETING THE GIRL, kuroo immediately liked her

UPON MEETING THE GIRL, kuroo immediately liked her. "good job kenma," he had said after she left. "i like her." to which kenma responded with some form of telling him to shut up.

it had become routine that the three would sit together under the cherry blossom tree that was behind the school. and after two months of the three officially becoming friends, (established by y/n when she said, "you guys are my first, and best friends.") they felt like they had known each other for years.

it was the sort of effect y/n had. everything was so quick with her. as if she were racing against time. "what's the point of going so slow? you're only alive for so long, so live." she had once said. "that doesn't apply to driving! slow down!" kenma shouted back, clutching for dear life onto the emergency handle. needless to say, that was the last time he would ride in a car with her.

"ne, kuroo, do you think aliens think we will come invade them?" it was lunch time at nekoma high school, and once again the three found themselves in their designated spots in the shade of the cherry tree. "maybe, i mean, it's a possibility? if you believe in that type of stuff." he mumbled the last part, as if trying to cover up the fact that he did, in fact, believe in that type of stuff. she continued to watch the clouds as they floated across the sky, listening to the tapping of kenma's fingers against his console.

"i wonder what life is like for them." she thought out loud, referring to the aliens. "who knows, maybe there's three weirdos sitting under an alien tree on another planet, wondering the same thing." kenma commented, not taking his eyes from the screen. "hm," she hummed in response, a small smile spreading across her face. "maybe."