Safe House

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air." Hill said. "Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony asked. "Already on the scene. How's the team?" Hill asked. "Everyone's...we took a hit. We'll shake it off." You said. "Well for now I'd stay in stealth mode, and stay away from here." Hill said. "So, run and hide?" Tony asked. "Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer." Hill said. "Neither do we." You said.Tony switches off the monitor showing Maria ending the call. "Hey, you wanna switch out?" Tony asked Barton. "No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time, cause we're still a few hours out." Barton said. "A few hours from where?" You asked. "A safe house." Barton said. The Quinjet lands outside a large farmhouse and you all walk towards the house. "What is this place?" Thor asked. "A safe house?" You asked. "Let's hope." Barton said. You all enter the house. "Honey, I'm home." Barton said. Barton's heavily pregnant wife, Laura, walks in from the kitchen."Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead." Barton said. "Hey." Laura said. Laura kisses Barton. "This is an agent of some kind." Tony said to Thor. "Everyone, this is Laura." Barton said, as he introduced her to all of you. "I know all your names." Laura said. All of you look at her awkwardly. "Ooh, incoming." Barton said. Barton's son Cooper and daughter Lila run in. "Dad!" Lila said. Barton picks up his daughter. "I see her." Barton said. Barton kisses the top his son's head. "Hey, buddy! How you guys doing? Ooh..." Barton said.

"These are...smaller agents." Tony said. "Look at your face! Oh, my goodness!" Barton said. "Did you bring Auntie (Y/n)?" Lila asked hopefully. "Why don't you hug her and find out?" You asked. Lila rushes towards you and you pick her up in your arms. "Sorry for barging in on you." Steve said. "Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed." Tony said."Yeah, well Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off SHIELD's files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low." Barton said. "Honey. Ah, I missed you." Laura said. The hallucinations brought on by Wanda continue to creep up in Thor's mind and he walks out of the house. "Thor." You said. Thor looked at you. "I saw something in that dream. I need answers, I won't find them here." Thor said. Thor uses his hammer to fly out of there. Steve turns to enter the house when he hears Peggy's voice from Wanda's vision. "We can go home." Laura checks Barton's wound that Pietro had give him. "See, you worried for nothing. Can't even feel the difference, can you?" Barton asked. "If they're sleeping here, some of them are gonna have to double up." Laura said. Barton laughs. "Yeah, that's not gonna sell." Barton said. "What about (Y/n) and Dr. Banner? How long has that been going on?" Laura asked. Barton looked shocked. "Has what?" He asked. Laura laughs."You are so cute." Laura said. "(Y/n)... and... and Banner?" He asked."I'll explain when you're older, Hawkeye." Laura said. "Oh, okay." Barton said. "It's bad, right? (Y/n) seems really shaken." Laura said.

"Ultron has these allies, these uh, kids, they're punks really. They carry a big damn stick and Nat took a serious hit. Someone's gonna have to teach 'em some manners." Barton said. "And would that someone be you. You know I totally support your Avenging, I couldn't be prouder. But I see those guys, those "Gods"... Laura said. "You don't think they need me." Barton said. "I think they do. Which is a lot scarier. They're a mess." Laura said. "Yeah. I guess they're my mess." Barton said. "You need to be sure that this team is really a team and that they have your back. Things are changing for us. In a few months time, you and me are gonna be outnumbered. I need...just be sure." Laura said. "Yes, ma'am." Barton said. He kisses her, then places her arm around his waist. She touches his wounded side. "I can feel the difference." Laura said.

*******************************************

Natasha and Banner are still experiencing the after effects of Wanda's hallucinations. Banner walks out of the bathroom and sees you waiting outside. "I didn't realize you were waiting." Banner said. "I would've joined you, but uh, it didn't seem like the right time." You said. "They used up all the hot water." Banner said. "I should've joined you." You said. "Missed our window." Banner said. "Did we?" You asked. "The world just saw the Hulk. The real Hulk, for the first time. You know I have to leave." Banner said. "But you assume that I have to stay? I had this, um, dream. The kind that seems normal at the time, but when you wake..." Natasha said. "What did you dream?" You asked Natasha. "That I was an Avenger. That I was anything more than the assassin they made me." Natasha said. "I think you're being hard on yourself." You said. "Here I was hoping that was his job." Natasha said, referring to Banner. She leans close into him. "What are you doing?" Banner asked. "I'm running with it, with you. If running's the plan, as far as you want." Natasha said. "Are you out of your mind?" Banner asked. Banner turns away from her. "I want you to understand that I'm..." Natasha said, Banner interrupts. "Natasha, where can I go? Where in the world am I not a threat?" Banner asked. "You're not a threat to us." Natasha said. Banner turns angry. "Are you serious? I could've killed (Y/n) back in New York while I was rampaging through the city as The Hulk." Banner said. "But you didn't." Natasha said. "But I could've." Banner said. "In the Red Room, where I was trained, where I was raised, um, they have a graduation ceremony. They sterilize you. It's efficient. One less thing to worry about. The one thing that might matter more than a mission. It makes everything easier. Even killing." "You still think you're the only monster on the team?" You asked. "What, so we disappear?" Banner asked.

*******************************************

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Fury said. "What about Ultron himself?" You asked. "Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though." Fury said. "Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony asked. "Yes, he is, but he's not making any headway." Fury said. "I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Tony said. "Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that." Fury said. "NEXUS?" You asked. "It's the world internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth." Banner said. "So what'd they say?" Barton asked. "He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed." Fury said. "By whom?" Tony asked. "Parties unknown." Fury said. "Do we have an ally?" You asked. "Ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is." Fury said. "I might need to visit Oslo, find our "unknown."Tony said. "Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Natasha said. "I do, I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. Here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard." Fury said. "Steve doesn't like that kind of talk." You said. Steve turns to you.

"You know what,(Y/n)?"Steve asked. You smile mischievously at him. "So what does he want?" Fury asked."To become better. Better than us. He keeps building bodies." You said. "Person bodies. The human form is inefficient, biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it." Tony said. "When you three programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." Natasha said, referring to you, Tony and Banner. "They don't need to be protected, they need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve." Banner said. "How?" Fury asked. "Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" You asked. "I'll take Natasha and Clint." Stevesaid. "Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit the NEXUS, I'll join you as soon as I can." Tony said. "If Ultron is really building a body..." you said. "He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot." Tony said. "You know I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me." Steve said. "I'll drop Banner off at the tower. Do you mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?" Fury asked. "She's all yours, apparently. What are you gonna do?" Tony asked. "I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope." Fury said. "I'm gonna finish re-flooring that sunroom as soon as I get back." Barton said. "Yeah, and then you'll find another part of the house to tear apart." Laura said. "No. It's the last project. I promise." Barton said. he kisses her. Later, Laura watches all of you fly off in the Quinjet.