Chapter 7:

Chapter 7:

Alyssa:

I walked out the door, making my way to my most favorite place ever, the pink dogwood trees. They stood far away from my house, beyond the fountain and much farther than the pool. It was the most perfect place, to just relax and even have a nap sometimes (if the weather was good).

I looked at the pink and smiled. Sitting down on the soft grass, I tilted my head upwards to the sky. It was hard not to be happy. A petal fell on my nose and I knew this place loved me too. It just did.

I rested my back against the strong bark when not even a minute later, my phone rang annoying the shit out of me. Why'd I even carry my phone here? It was an unknown number and I still knew exactly who it would belong to.

I picked it up, fearing the worst and that's what I got. "Hello?" Austin said.

"Hi Austin," I replied, sounding scared.

"you're free today?" He asked, cheerful. I didn't feel good lying to him. I decided it would be best if I cleared everything up. Right?

"Yea," I said, hesitantly.

"Okay," He said, thinking.

"Meet at my place at 4?" I asked, not sure myself.

"uhm....okay," He said and I hung up.

There goes one more day of summer.

I laid on the grass and looked up at the blue, wishing I could have a place of my own on one of the clouds. A place where no one could disturb me. A place where I could sleep the entire day.

But apparently, that was way too much to ask for.

I hadn't ask for a trip to Hawaii or the Bahamas like all the other rich kids. Maybe a trip would have been easier to get than two months of peace.

Shit. I should've asked for it.

****

I sat on the sofa in the hall, waiting for Austin, not quite feeling the same. I was confused about everything.

"Hey."

I looked up at Amelia, my younger sister and smiled.

"Hey," I said.

"You look different," She said and those were the most generous words she could use.

"I look dead," I said and she nodded.

"Wanna tell me?" She sat beside me and I looked at her. She was pretty and looked nothing like me. She looked like dad, had long brown hair and brown eyes. Her smile radiated a lovely warmth and I felt like I could tell her my deepest secrets and she wouldn't judge.

"You know Austin?" I asked, thinking.

"Yea?" she knew him better than I did. She had met him in most of dad's events.

"Do you think Austin likes me?" I asked, paying close attention to her expression.

"No," She said, a bit too quickly and I sighed.

This is good news.

"Why?" She asked, puzzled. "Oh my God, do you like him?" She said, jumping.

"What? No!" I said and she nodded slyly, clearly not believing me.

"Really, I don't," I pressed.

"Okay whatever you say," She said, still not satisfied and I sighed.

"See you later," I said, getting up and making my way outside. I needed to get away from her before I lost my temper.

Finding Him In My Multiverse ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara