Trap and Escape

It was silent as a graveyard, in the modern city of Zlatan. So silent, that when a pin drop, you can clearly hear it hit the ground. And a perfect night for an ambush. Quietly, the V.E.N.O.M.s entered the base of S.A.B.E.R. squad, with the help of a unwilling marksman of the squad.

Nephila kept her eye on their prisoner, as she was the only person, other than Emperor Scorpion, that could see in the dark. As they reached the main door of the building, Nephila, undid the knots of Beacher's restrains and let her opened the door. Emperor Scorpion kept his blade close to the poor marksman's neck, making sure she did not do any funny business.

As Layla input her identification and scanned her thumb print on the scanner, Octopus was busy hacking the interior the building and turned off all the security cameras and their security system. As the sliding doors opened, the cameras was shut down and the squad made their way into the building. As Vespid took her turn to escort the marksman into the building, she noticed, Layla's body language. She was sweating and kept her looking at the walls and then forward, after she noticed a glace from the ninja.

She pulled Gusion to behind the group and reported to him of Layla's strange behavior. He too looked at her and realized that she was right. He looked at the walls of the building, they were made of glass and quite too reflective. "It is weird that she kept looking at the walls, but she has done nothing fishy yet," he said, "enough, focus on the mission".

Hanabi felt irritated, her captain was criticizing her theory. She let of of a sigh of defeat and was about to take a step forward, something on the ceiling caught her eye. It was pitch black, barely a light was shone on it, but with her sharp eyes, she saw something shiny as a silver. She squinted her eyes, focusing on the object and realized it was a cage. She then saw two others and all three were above the squad.

Her eyes widen in horror as she yelled, "Wait! It's a trap!"

On que, the cages fell onto the V.E.N.O.M. squad. Hanabi and Gusion managed to avoid the cages, but the others were not so lucky and Layla managed to escaped from Grock's grasp. As the lights turned back on, they were surrounded by the S.A.B.E.Rs' officers.

"Looks like the insect squad got into our trap," said the S.A.B.E.R.s' Regulator as he smirked.

Gusion gritted his teeth in anger as he was mad at himself, for not listening to his marksman's theory and for being a fool to not see the traps earlier. He turned to Hanabi and saw her givimh him a sharp glare, as if she was saying 'I told you so'. Rafaela healed Layla as Cyclops gave her upgraded canon. A huge grin was plastered on her face.

"Serious Layla? You're acting like a whinny, little girl," Hanabi complained as she crossed her arms.

"I'm no that whinny girl anymore!" Layla angrily yelled as she began shooting.

Hanabi and Gusion dodged her bullets a Gusion made his way to the cage and destroyed the lock using one of his blades. Hanabi used her petal barrages to eliminated the officers and save the real members for last. After she took out all the officers, she was face to face with leader. She gave a cold glare, so cold that it will make anyone shiver.

"Hanabi, you're better than this," Saber spoke, "quite now and we will let you go".

She tightly gripped her Higanbana until her knuckles turned white. "I will get my revenge no matter what and destroy that Magic Cube!" she yelled in frustration as she used her Higanbana and soul scroll to weaken him.

Saber kneeled onto the ground in minutes after taking a lot of damage from her attacks and she was too fast, that he did not get a chance to act. Rafaela quickly tried to heal her leader, but Angela used her second skill, puppet-on-a-string, to stun her. "Kiki kaka, the strings on my puppet are tangle up, can you help me?" she turned to Harley. The mischievous mage just smirked at her, "Bring on the magic feast!" he used his poker trick.

Rafaela collapsed onto the ground as she was terribly injured and could barely speak or even lift a finger. "What a weak healer," said Angela she went to help her captain and tank.

Meanwhile, Hanabi slowly walked towards the injured assassin, as she was taking in the moment. The moment where she could finally end the S.A.B.E.R. squad. "This ends today," she brought down her weapon, but it was block by quite a familiar blade. She looked at the culprit and was surprised that it was Hayabusa.

"Haya?" she uttered his name, making sure it was him. He didn't answer as tossed her weapon away and pinned her wrists to the ground.

She glared at the person above her and glared at him. "Gusion was right about you," she growled, "you really a vile shadow".

"It's Future Enforcer, Nephila," he said. With one hand, pinning both her hands above her head and with his other hand reaching for his katana. Like she did to Saber, he was about to strike him when he was hit by a bolt of energy, that almost stunned him and he suffered some physical damage.

Hanabi pushed him to the side and thanked Angela, but she was busy helping Gusion at the other side of the room. She felt confused as the question was floating in her mind, who saved her just now? Then just out of nowhere she carried off the ground, bridal style and scream in surprised, so she could alert her squad. Fortunately, Gusion heard her shrikes and dashed towards her.

"Let her go!" he yelled as he used his sword spike, but the guy dodged it and instantly disappeared with Hanabi in his arms. "Damn it!" he cursed.

Hanabi opened her eyes and was surprised that she was outside, in the arms of her savior, but she was defensive and yelled, "Put me down you psycho!".

The person just playfully smirked at her and he instantly start flirting, "Sorry sweetheart, but a lady like you should be surrounded by men like me".

"Am I really listening to this right or are you really flirting with me with that type of attitude and that thing on your arm?" she asked him.

"You mean my gauntlet?" he asked and she nodded. "Well the gauntlet's for show... the talent's all me."

She gave him a poker face and again demanded him to release her, and again he said no. She activate her spider legs. As he saw her spider legs appeared behind her, he instantly let go of her. "What are those?" he asked as he was quivering in shocked.

"They don't call me Nephila for nothing techboy," she replied as she summon her Higanbana.

"I must say, I am quite attracted to you, but I think you will be fitting for the other me," he murmured.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"You will know soon my spider. For now, see you later," he shoot a portal under his feet and disappeared into the portal.

"What the hell happen just now?" she asked herself as she was confused with everything that happened to her.

As she was about to re-enter the building, she heard an explosion. She quickly rushed into the building, when she was dragged back out by Gusion, with the rest of the squad on his tail. She asked what happen, but they were too busy running for their lives, that they ignored her question and quickly got on the ship. Hanabi tiredly sat on the floor as she was tired from being dragged around all night.

Gusion sat at his chair as he was frustrated that his plan was another failed attempt to steal the Magic Cube. He turned to Hanabi and wondered, who was the guy that was with her and what did they do?

As they reached back at the base, Gusion pulled Hanabi into his room and pinned her to the wall. 'How do I always get into these position every time I'm with men,' she thought as she looked deep into her captain's eyes. His eyes was searching for something in her eyes , as if he was looking for some answers. After moments of silence, she spoke, "Do you need anything captain?"

"Who was that guy and what he did to you?" he asked her.

"One, I don't know and two he just teleport me outside and talk nonsense with me," she replied.

"If that is all you want to ask from me captain, than excuse me," she pushed him away, excused herself and walked out of the room.

After Gusion relaxed himself, he took a quick shower and tried to get some rest. But he couldn't rest as the question floated in his mind of who was that person and what did he want with his Hanabi. He slowly drifted off to sleep as in his heart lingers with jealousy.