Chapter 1

It has already been 8 years since Saiki Kusuo was born into this world. He is now called Shinazugawa Kusuo. He has 6 younger siblings and 1 older sibling, all in all there are 8 of them, 9 if the mother is included. Kusuo is happy with his family in this world.

Kusuo was reborn in a world very similar to his. He is still in Japan, in the Taisho Period. The Taisho Period is a time of Samurai and impoverished citizens, where a man can truly love by his sword. But the Taisho Period is only a 15 years period, he wonders what really happened then.

The Shinazugawa family is having a much more peaceful life than before. The reason is that their abusive father died in the hands of someone he owes.

The children and mother might still be working hard to earn money but at least they don't get hurt anymore unless if it was a small trip or accidental scratches.

"Eldest brother, where are you going today?" Kusuo asked his similarly white haired older brother. "If you are going to do some work, take me with you." He continued.

Sanemi looked at his brother and said smiling, "Hmm... I'm going to get water from the lake so we could do some laundry. Our siblings clothes have been getting dirty a lot lately." Sanemi is already 10 years old.

Kusuo nodded. "Yeah, I understand."

"Sanemi onii-chan! Kusuo onii-chan! I want to go with you!! Are you going to work!? I want to work too!!" Genya, one of their siblings and is 5 years old said.

"No need Genya. We can do the work ourselves. You and the others just have to take care of mother while she is still sick." Kusuo said.

"Take care of them while we're gone, okay brat?" Sanemi said.

Genya's eyes shined brightly and said, "Okay!"

Sanemi and Kusuo walked back to their house to get their siblings clothes then went directly to the lake after that. They went to do the laundry.

Genya watched his older siblings walk away until he couldn't see them anymore.

He went back to enter their home. Walking directly to where their mother was lying at. There was a wet cloth on top of her forehead. She seems to be having a small cold. But it will go away soon since she is already healing and had been given some medicine bought by Sanemi and food made by Kusuo.

At the Riverside.

Kusuo and Sanemi were washing their clothes until their hands got scratched a little.

"Brother, do you think that since our abusive father is dead, we can get a better life that before?" Asked Kusuo.

The older brother looked at the younger and said, "Yes. I will make sure that all 9 of us will have a much more comfortable life than before." He nodded.

The younger smiled and said, "I'm glad. It was very painful watching our siblings getting hurt while we can't do much sometimes. It also hurts when I am the one getting hit. Good thing he's gone now, and nothing will disturb our peace starting today."

Sanemi looked on with a determined look. "Yes. I won't let anything disturb our peace from now on."

Just as they finished washing their clothes.

Kusuo looked up and said, "Brother, let's go back. It's getting darker every second now. And our siblings must be hungry."

Looking up, he also saw that it really was getting dark. The older brother nodded. "Okay. Let's go back."

They walked back home while bringing the clothes that they washed with them.

Walking back to their house, they heard cries of help.