Epilogue

The drive back to the motel was silent, only Baby's engine provided noise. No radio, no humming, and no talking. Both Winchesters had thoughts going through their minds and were not yet ready to present them.

Dean's mind was stuck on Castiel and (Y/n). He had seen the looks they had given each other since he arrived, and it bothered him like a bitch. The ultimate thought in his head suggested that they were seeing each other, which wasn't much of theory.

Sam's mind, however, was on a completely different road. Since Crawford Hall, when they first met Gabriel, he's tried looking into the so-called 'connection' his sister had with the archangel. The way she acted around him started making the smallest bit of sense: they had something going on, something only an angel and a human could have. Figuring out Gabriel wasn't a trickster helped his theory a lot.

The younger Winchester, of course, would talk to Dean about his theory before even mentioning it to (Y/n). With anything that was going on with her, the older siblings discussed it before asking (Y/n).

"I have to talk to you," they said in unison to one another. Baby was parked out front, and the motel room was empty. Now was the time to say something. Dean gestured for Sam to finish first.

"It's... it's about (Y/n)." Sam was hesitant with his words, but Dean's face told him everything. "You're going to say something about her, aren't you?" The eldest nodded. "Well... I'll go first-- since you basically told me to do so.

"Remember the 'connection' I told you that I think she still has with him?" Dean nodded again, this time narrowing his eyes. "I think my theory's correct. The way she acts around him, trickster or not, it's like she's known him for years-- or she's trying to defend him."

Dean held up a hand, wanting to say things of his own. "I was going to mention something about her and Cas... but yours sounds a lot more realistic than mine." He walked over to her bed when he noticed a bright yellow note on the mattress. "'This isn't part of the game, you're back in the real world. I apologize for earlier. Your brothers will probably be out soon.' What the... 'Gabe'?"

Sam took the note from his hands, tilting his head while he read it over again. "When we were in that cop show... (Y/n) wasn't there... she was here." His eyes widened as two-and-two were put together.

"(Y/n)... she's known about him being an archangel all along."

"How long do you think?" Dean asked, trying to keep his cool, though the anger from his voice was see-through.

The younger Winchester thought back to the cases they were in that involved the archangel-- though it's only two so far. "Mystery Spot... maybe? I remember the look on her face when she mentioned 'just desserts' before I could. And the anger on her face when we ganked Gabriel-"

Dean rubbed his temples and sighed angrily, burning a hole into the yellow paper with his glare. "She has some explaining to do when they get back."