Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER: in this book, the main character fights homophobia, so, if you have a problem with this, leave. We don't need this type of people in this fandom. This is a safe place and I don't want anyone to feel attacked because some trolls think it's dark humor to be disrespectful towards the oppressed communities. Also, this story does not glorify sexual/psychical/verbal/mental abuse/harassment/assault. These shouldn't be romanticized in any way. They are disgusting behaviors and whoever does that has failed as a human.
WARNING: violence, detailed description of graphic scenes, discrimination, mature language. MAY INCLUDE TRIGGERS

Cold. That's all you feel. Cold air and hard metal. A heavy migraine pumps your head, making you thinking that you maybe hurt yourself. But it doesn't come from the outside, it's like your brain hurts. Once you realize how bad the situation is, you start panicking. You stand up and put your hands on the walls. It's a box. Claustrophobia kicks in and you start gasping for air. Like that wasn't enough, you don't remember anything besides your name, (y/n). You try to stay calm to not trigger a panic attack too. You clearly need help to get out. "Hello?" you mumble. You feel so powerless that you can't even speak. Suddenly, you hear something.

"(Y/n)?" a familiar, sleepy voice says. You start smiling, hoping it's who you think it is.

"Thomas? Is that you?" somehow, you remember his name too. More than that, you know more about him than you. Memories start flowing in your head, memories about him. Thomas was your bestfriend since you were small children.

"Yea. Where the hell are we? And why don't I remember anything about my life?"

"Do you think I have the smallest idea? I just know that we are in a metal box."

"No shit, Sherlock. Once again, you amaze me with your smart ass."

"We literally had our memories wiped and you still won't give up your sarcasm? And we are arguing again, like always." 

Before Thomas could say anything else, the box stops from going up, making both of you loose your balance. A bright light appears from the ceiling. You think it's just a LED light, but you realize it's the actual sky. Funny, you don't remember it being so blue. You don't know how it actually looked, you just know this one looks fake. A deep, British voice starts speaking.

"What the actual shuck?" what is a shuck? And why is he up there? Shouldn't the doors be on the sides? You banish millions of questions out of your head before it blows up. Somehow, the most important question is 'what the actual shuck'. Now you understand this boy's confusion and reaction, you would've put the same question if you saw two people in a box. Another voice asks him something, but you didn't hear what exactly. "They're two. And one is a girl." he said the last word like it's something new. The other boy comes too.

"What the hell, Newt? Did you hit your head too in that fall?... Sorry, I shouldn't have said that." he really sounded sad saying that. Now that you heard him better, you could say that he's around 18 years old and has a very deep and grumpy voice. You couldn't see his skin color though. Your eyes didn't fully adapt with the light. "Holly klunk, what is this?" klunk? You didn't remember much, but you knew that's not a real word.

"What do you think we are? Dinosaurs?" this was the worst time for Thomas to say that. Both of you notice the boy stare at you. He was just amazed to see a girl, but neither you or Thomas knew that, so he thought he was checking you out. "Stare at her for one more second and I'll shove my fist so deep in your throat that it comes out of your ass." the first boy laughs, but the second one didn't find it amusing. 

"Watch your language, Greenbean. Now, do you want to come out?"

"In what way?" Thomas still didn't learn that this boy doesn't like to joke. You kicked him lightly with my elbow. Luckily, he realized what you wanted to say. "Sorry, yes, we'll come out, your majesty." this boy will get killed like this one day. He doesn't know when to stop. He let you climb on the ivy first. When you arrived up, you saw four enormous walls surrounding you. "We got out of a box just to end in another one." you nodded at Thomas' words. You couldn't disagree with him on this. The two boys got closer to you. The one who opened the box was tall, blonde and skinny. You've got to admit he's cute. The second one, on the other side, was his opposite. Shorter, but definitely older, with dark skin and eyes, muscular and with a paternal figure. He might look intimidating, but you feel safe around him.

"I'm Alby and this is Newt." Newt waved rocking back and forth on his feet, making you feel less scared. "I think we won't have a problem with you, but he should learn how to behave. I run the things around here, so have some respect." the last sentence was addressed to Thomas who rolled his eyes. 

"And I'm the second in command, in case you wondered." he seems so much more chill than Alby. "And this is the Glade. Nice place once you get used to it."

"Would you want to make their whole tour, then?" he raised his voice, which you didn't like. You won't allow him to be mean to this cute boy.

"Well, I'd rather walk with him than you. At least he's trying to be nice, because, you know, that's how you get people to like you." Newt starts to laugh again and Thomas smiles proud. He has he right to be, you learnt all this from him.

"I used to be respected around here..." Alby mumbled and left. Newt starts walking with you and Thomas around the Glade showing you all the things. He was right earlier, it's a nice place. Not very fancy, but cozy for sure. You notice that Thomas is looking more at him than at what he shows him. He never told you his sexuality, but you are sure he's not straight or, at least, not fully. Newt ended his presentation with the three rules. Never go behind those walls, never hurt another glader and do your part. Easy to remember and follow, not so sure about Thomas though. He has this thing for breaking the rules. He got me in a lot of trouble and I know he'll get me in some here too. Newt left you two alone and you started walking in the Deadheads.

"I still don't understand what happened and who are these guys." Thomas starts talking.

"You would if you were smarter. Someone took our memories and put us here. They did the same with everyone. Did I explain it easy enough for you to understand?"

"Yea, but my sass is still better." he barely got to finish when a tall boy appears from our left.

"What are you, Greenies, doing here?" you didn't know if he was mean or not.

"Trying to watch the view, but your nose is in my way now." Thomas looks at him dead in the eyes to show that he's not scared by the fact that this boy is way taller and more muscular than him.

"Didn't Alby teach you some respect? You should be nice to veterans like me. Anyway, the dinner's ready. Fry told me to tell you two." he checks you out from your feet and to your head, smiling with half of his mouth. "See you there."

"Keep your eyes and hands home." Thomas said, too serious to be sarcastic.

"What are you gonna do, punch me?" you rolled your eyes, took Thomas' hand and passed by that boy, intentionally hitting him with your shoulder. You're not a piece of meat for boys to look at. He really pissed you off. Who does he think he is?

The dinner was served at the bonfire. Newt told you everytime there's a new Greenie, they have some kind of a ceremony. You felt bad that you didn't have any friends besides Newt so you could've left him alone with Thomas to have their moment. You eventually started talking with a dark skinned boy. He was Frypan, the guy who prepares your food. He's a quite funny guy. You looked over at your ship to see if anything happened. Happily, they seemed to get closer.

Later that night, Newt brought you to a secluded bed, far from the boys'

Later that night, Newt brought you to a secluded bed, far from the boys'. Thomas insisted to sleep next to you to make sure you'll be safe. He always acted like your big brother. You never understood why and think you never will. But you can't say you don't like it. It's nice to have someone who you know, someone who isn't a complete stranger to you. It's hard enough being the only girl.