NEVER BLOODING MOON

bloodmoon castle by Bruno Szan (found in https://www

bloodmoon castle by Bruno Szan (found in https://www.artstation.com/artwork/vXZxA

In a not so far away kingdom, lived a lord vampire and his colony, formed by vampires and other evil beings. This lord vampire ruled in a giant castle — that was knows to be haunted— and no one challenged or refuted him, for the greatest witch of the forest was at his service. Normandia, they called her, the mother of the land. His wife, Eféstia, had recently died of causes still unknown (to many) but she had left him twins: Hauntingly beautiful creatures as dark as a witch's silks – they reminded him of their dead mother."

"Today, Letitia and Colonus, the moon shall bleed in your honour! Blessed are my twins who have survived seven years together!"

"Papa, what shall make the moon bleed?" Asked the girl, bigger and darker than her brother.

"Do not be ludicrous, Titia. We will go hunting today, finally we shall meet the forest. I am very sure of it!"

"Colonus is right, irrevocably right, my second child. Today you will go on your first hunt, just like the witch had prophesied: three years before any other creature without habit in these lands!"

"Why cannot we wait till we are ten just like everyone else?" Letitia asked.

"Because I know that my first child, and dearest son, is destined for incredible things, and I need him ready to reign in my place as soon as possible — and by ready he meant immortal, not hybrids, as they were: something between a human and a vampire. — And because you, my second child, and my dearest daughter, are the moonlight to my darkness and I desire for you to be your brother's light as well when the right time comes."

"I don't need a light," said the small, cinereous boy.

"That's what fools say before they know darkness." replied their father, Zimander, leaving them alone in their room, awaiting the zombies, which were to prepare them for the great banquet they were going to have.

***********************************************************************************************

"As I have already said, Col, first the hen of the old gorgon who lives in the west!" Cried the girl. The twins were now just a few feet away from the castle's gate, heading for the forest.

"Why should the order matter, Titia? We will drink all the blood of this forest, until the moon is completely crimson," replied Colonus.

"It was precisely the witch who blushes the moon that gave me the instruction! According to her, following the order will make the killing easier! Look: First the old gorgon's hen, as I told you. Then, the rabbit that lives under the red tree. Soon after, the pig that hides in the swamp, and finally, the cow that the young one—eyed troll takes care of with all the affection."

"It does not make any difference to me, but as she was our mother's former advisor, I shall follow her instructions, so this way I will honour our mother's soul with the reddest blood moon of all time!"