chapter 22

Mr Leonard was particularly glad as he had the opportunity to be alone with Samson. When he had attended the meeting today, he had noticed the instant change in expression that had passed over Samson's face, whenever he looked at his niece.

Now, they had left the palace and we're wandering around the palace garden.

"So are you content with your position as my niece's private secretary?" He asked

He responded " yes ."

" But why did you choose to this path, a young, bright man like you has many opportunities ahead of him. But you, however, you decide to be the Queen's private secretary. Why?" he said and stopped in his tracks.

" I have my reason, sir, it's very much personal"

"Hm, I see" he continued." But, I see the way my niece looks at you. I have never once seen her eyes that drawn to a man before. She always talks about you like you put the stars in the sky, she looks at you like that too" He looked as if he wanted to dig up all the information."Do you not see it?"

" I do sir, I see it clearly "

He gave a heavy sigh. " honestly, I only hope that either one of you may not feel the same way. I see already that both your status makes it almost too difficult for the two of you to be together."

"Perhaps that's true .... She is a peculiar, wonderful woman, no doubt. And if I did love her ( Which he did) it wouldn't matter where I am, our status also wouldn't matter, as long as I'm with her. That alone will be enough for me sir."

" There's a lot that comes with being her private Secretary? Would you be equipped, then?"

" I wouldn't know sir."

Samson had now grown used to Mr Leonard when he uttered his thought boldly. He knew that Mr Leonard would be asking a lot of questions, and he knew that it was because he cared for his niece, and would check if he was a decent man.

"And you? What are you dissatisfied with?" He asked.

"I am dissatisfied with myself... " he said.

"Why's that"

"Well, how shall I say?... In my life, my brother has always been the one focused on by my father. I guess my love for travelling and politics never seemed to please my father." he cried. " I was never the son my father expected me to be, and I guess my brother always was. But when I think about myself, and compare myself with him, he did live up fathers expectations"

" At least now, you are doing something you love sir "

" Yes true, however till this day, I still feel like I'm a shame to my family"

"But in what way?" Samson continued. "Don't you too help govern others? Or would you prefer to be a king like your brother?... "

"Oh no, of course not," He answered. He paused for a brief moment before he spoke again." Ah, I almost forget that my family are waiting for me, but it was delightful to have a chat with a young man like you Mr Fernandez"

" You too, Mr Leonard. Please do have a safe journey home"

"Well do" He responded before he headed off to his carriage.

------------------------------------------------

After he had finished his discussion with Mr Leonard, he frantically searched for Diana's whereabouts. As he wandered up the stairs, he saw jasmine pass out and immediately he reached out to her.

" Jasmine" He called out in a distinct voice.

She turned around and faced him. " Mr Fernandez, is there anything you need?"

"In fact yes. Do you where Diana-" He corrected himself " Her majesty is?"

" I believe, she's usually in the library. You can have a look there"

" Alright then, thank you very much, Jasmine"

" Your welcome sir." She hurried into the distance.

Samson had reached the library, he pushed open the heavy swing door and window. The library was painted with pristine white, it's Victorian appearance gave it a spectacular, rare setting. There he saw her sat at a table, with a book on her lap, however, she didn't seem to be easily driven to it as she gazed outside the broad window.

He said." You don't seem too moved by your book, Your Majesty"

Diana turned her head around and gaze into his marvellous blue eyes. " I wish you could stop addressing me by that title Samson ... You know ' Your Majesty'. Those two words seem to fluster me so much."

" Well you see, I can't."

" Yes, am afraid to admit, your right sadly"

He silently moved to sit next to her. The distance between them, still quite spread apart.

" Not to mention, I honestly loved how you were like today, you seemed more like yourself. Brave and confident. I would love to see you like that every day, you look stunning like that"

Her eyes drifted to his, she giggled silently at his sudden statement. " Your honestly full surprises Samson"

" Is there anything that's bothering you that you would like to share ?"

When she didn't answer, he bent down, his eyes moved up towards her's." Diana... what's troubling you so much"

She had a shift in expression. It took her a while before she put her words together."Everything.." She whispered in a soft tone. " Everything seems to be happening in so quick "

" What do you mean?" He said as he leaned closer, he seemed to maintain the distance between them.

" papa died so unexpectedly, and now am Queen and I already have so many duties planned for me to do. Everything seems so overwhelming"

He sighed and whispered " Be strong and willing to embrace a new vision"

" I can't, not now "

" If not, when?" He retorted. " You have to be strong now, the time is now." No one said it'll ever be easy, so stop putting your self down and start building yourself instead"

She sighed " For you Samson"

"Do it for yourself, not for me" He was about to say another word, however, he was interrupted by jasmine.

" Sorry for intruding, but I just wanted to inform you, Mr Fernandez, that your uncle is waiting for you outside the palace"

" I see, please do tell my uncle that I'll be down in a few minutes"

" Yes, I will" She gazed at Diana and bowed her head down before she left.

He patted her knees and stood up straight. " My uncle seems to be waiting for me outside and I can't keep him waiting for long..."

"Yes I know, it's fine Samson, you can go, your uncle will be waiting"

" Yes, I may" He spun and headed towards the door. Before his hands reached towards the doorknob, she grabbed his hands, edging him to stop.

"May I see you tomorrow?" She asked.

He giggled slightly at her child-like expression. " Yes you may"

She smiled slowly " Thank you."

He kissed her palm before he whispered. " I'll see you tomorrow then, Your Majesty"

" Tomorrow it is"

Samson took one more glance at her before closing the door behind him.

This chapter isn't the best, but I hope you enjoyed it. Please do vote and comment. Thank you.