Chapter 43- Season 2

Alexander threw the last file he finished on his desk and breathed out a sigh of relief. The work load increased tremendously but he managed to get it done and now was more than ready to retire to bed.

He hurried worried his way upstairs to his bedroom. He opened the door and was greeted by the sight of his beautiful mate cradling their seven months old daughter and lulling her to sleep.

Berenice's eyes snap to her mate and she smiles at him. Alexander makes his way to the bed and plant a kiss on his now, sleeping daughter's forehead.

"My princess." He mutters under his breath. His heart was content looking at the two most important people in his life safe and sound. His heart was soaring with happiness and love. He felt complete.

'My love." He whispers and kisses his mate's sweet lips.

Alexander wanted to imprint this scene in his mind. His perfect mate, his perfect daughter, his perfect family.

His perfect life.

****

Alexander's pov

It was one of the best sleeps I had in years. I did not want to wake up from the beautiful dream. A smile made its way to my lips when I recall the image of my mate cradling our daughter.

Daughter...

What?

How?

The smile quickly wiped off my face when I find the other side of my bed empty.

"Berenice?" I call out her name but get no response.

"Sweetheart?" I try again.

"I'm here!" came the cheerful voice of my mate as she enters our room with a tray of food and a glass of juice on the side.

"What are you doing?" I asked her, confused.

What is going on in the pretty little head of my mate?

"I am just bringing breakfast to bed for my mate. You work so hard all the time so, I decided to pamper you." She said and kept the tray on the bedside table.

"That's a good thought. But I will have it after I freshen up." I say and go to the bathroom.

I couldn't help but smile in the shower thinking the sweet gesture of my mate.

I exit the bathroom and found no sign of my mate. I shake my head and enter the closet and get ready.

When I come out, I see my mate seated on the bed and looking at me with a smile.

"Is everything okay?" I ask her.

"Yes, everything is perfectly fine. Come, let's have breakfast together." she says and pats the space next to her.

We both have our breakfast in a comfortable silence, enjoying each other's presence. Berry cleaned up the bed and kept the plate away. I was sitting the foot of my bed when my mate came towards me and round her arms around my neck with a smile which meant she was about to ask something from me.

I raised one eyebrow but still wrapped my arms around her waist.

"What is it?" I asked. She bit her lips and mustered all he courage before speaking. It was amusing to see my mate like this.

"I want to train."

What?

"Train? For what?" I asked totally lost. Where is this coming from?