Chapter one: Childhood fun

"A quirkless nobody!" The child sneered at your friend, Izuku, pointing their cynical attention towards him

"A quirkless nobody!" The child sneered at your friend, Izuku, pointing their cynical attention towards him. What did they do to you?

Nothing.

They had overheard parents talking about how the chance of you having a quirk was still there, but there wasn't any development.

Meaning? No reason to snide at you...as of yet.

"B-back away from him!" Going to hit the green-haired boy they accidentally hit you instead, if the major anxiety you felt when trying to stand up to them wasn't enough, then the punch you got to the face was enough to trigger the tears streaming down your cheeks.

The looks of shock appeared on not only the two boys that were making fun of Izuku, but Izuku himself who you protected.

"H-how could you do that!" Despite not being the one hit, tears brimmed in his eyes, "S-she didn't do anything!" You tried your best to hold in the tears and the harsh sniffling that was held into the best of your ability was heard.

Izuku grabbed your hand and positioned his body in front of you. "Don't touch her ever again!" Though the last words of his command ended in a high pitched squeak - higher than what his voice already was - when he was glared at.

"It wasn't even meant for her. Chill out" after saying this they decided to leave the two alone.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry!" Izuku finally released all his tears, balling his eyes out. "I didn't mean for you to get hurt!" His heart ached without him knowing, all he knew was that it made him sad seeing you cry like this, which could be said exactly the same for you.

"It's fine. They are so dumb! You're so nice, they didn't need to hit you!" Releasing his grip on your hands you wiped your tears, while he wiped his, so he could immediately hold you in his arms.

The two of you felt a comfort, a sense of maybe not security, but a relief that there was someone else to hang onto when hurting like this.

Age 14-15 third year, middle school

During the third year of middle school, you had moved to another school per request of someone who came to requit you. The school was called Kunigaoka high and the reason was kept private. The subject of the matter was a teacher there, but that was beside the point.

You were finally going to visit Izuku again after a good week or so. You often tried your best to visit him, but the distance, plus the homework and other events that took place during the different school break's made it difficult to do so.

Walking down a familiar path, you noticed Izuku on the path, in an attempt to surprise him you followed be hind, unfortunately you weren't able to do so as you lost him in a crowd of people watching what seemed to be a villain attack.