Chapter 4

I sigh in relief. I wake up without scaly, golden hands. I examine them with a smile and climb out of bed. I hear a small clink. And look down. I let out a silent scream. My toes are golden and scaly. I quickly throw on white ankle socks. I change into white denim shorts, a light blue tanktop, and black sneakers. I walk out and head to breakfeast. I eat my food hurridly and dump the remains as an offering. I quickly head to the beach. I look at the water wondering if I should jump in. I wiggle my scally toes and hear them clank together. I close my eyes and walk forward 'till I'm knee deep in water. I start to go in further and the water runs into my thighs. "(Y/N)!" Nico calls. I turn around and face a confused Nico. I just smile and wave and dive into the water. I swim far into the lake away. I feel a current pulling me back. I struggle against it but it pulls me back to shore. Percy. I push wet hair out of my face. He dries me and I glare at him. "I was swimming!" I exclaim angrily at him. He points at Nico and I cross my arms and huff. "Why'd you swim so far? Why'd you go in your clothes and shoes?" Nico questions. I turn my head so I don't look at him. I huff as if I'm angry which isn't the truth. I'm afraid Nico will see straight through me like he always does. I tap my right foot unpatiently. "Can I go swimming again?" I ask irritatedly. "Yeah, I won't bring you back in. Nico seemed really worried so I did." Lercy explains apoligeticly walking off towards the Athena cabin. I head to the water again but Nico grabs my arm. I try to yank it out of his grasp but it doesn't loosen at all. "Let me go." I growl still not looking at him. "Why aren't you in your swimsuit?" he asks. "Because I don't have a one piece. I have a bikini and I don't need guys staring at me when I'm already taken." I fib rolling my eyes like I just pointed out the obvious. He raises an eyebrow and I avoid eye contact. "Just let me swim okay?" I ask in a begging voice. He sighs but lets me go. I run into the water and dive in. I swim to the other side and get out. I pant my chest rising and lowering. Up and down. I close my eyes and breath calmly through my nose. I rest there all alone. "Hey." a voice interrupts me. I jump and instantly sit. Leo. I smile. "Hey." I say with a grin. "I heard metal over here." he said. I wriggle my toes to test his hearing. "There it is again!" he exclaims. "Leo, can you keep a secret?" I ask nervously playing with my fingers and biting my lip. He nods and sits next to me. "Okay, don't freak out." I warn and pull my shoe off of my right foot then the sock. I gasp as the metal was halfway to my ankles. Leo gasps and smiles and a twinkle goes in his eye. "That's so cool! When did this happen?" he asks eagerly grabbing my foot and inspecting it. I fall down into a laying position. "I woke up and it was at my toes." I say annoyingly. "That means you're a Drean!" Leo exclaims happily. "A what?" I ask confused. "A Drean. Drean's are rare Aphrodite children that turn into beautiful golden dragons. They're still in human form though just a dragon. Once you master it you'll be either one when you want it. Some look at it as a blessing and others a curse. There hasn't been one in a hundred years! Amazing!" Leo explaims. "Well, can you stop it?" I ask. He shakes his head. "Afraid not. You'll have to hide it with jeans and stuff. Tommorrow it'll be up to your knees." Leo explains nervously. I groan and put my wet sock and shoe on. "Why is it metal?" I ask. "Because when it first comes out it's metal but turns into scales at full transformation." Leo informs reasurringly. "Great." I mutter rolling my eyes. I stand up and storm back to my cabin and slip into the shower. I grab new clothes. Gray sweats, white sneakers, black ankle socks, and a black T-Shirt.I dry my hair and head to dinner. I eat hurridly and dump the leftovers as an offering. I rush to the campfire and Nico sits next to me. He wraps his arm around my waist and I flinch a little as if he can feel the transformation. He looks at me but I just stare into the fire. I'm leaning into his hold and close my eyes focusing on keeping my breathing steady. "What's going on with you today?" Nico asks. "Nothing." I answer bluntly. "Did you have that dream again?" he asks. "Yes." I lie fluidly. He sighs. "I told you-" he starts before I cut him off. "I know, I know. It's just, why would I have the dream again if it wasn't going to actually happen?" I ask. He doesn't answer for a while. "Maybe it's not you and you're seeing it from dragon's eyes?" he suggests. I shrug acting as if I believe him. "I guess." I say biting my lip. "What aren't you telling me?" he asks. I bit my lip and look away. Thankfully Leo comes to the rescue. "Hey guys!" he says cheerfully. "Where's Calypso? Don't you have anything better to do than bug us?" Nico growls. I elbow him in the gut lightly. "She'll be here." Leo answers. He sits to my left. "Did you tell anyone?" I whisper in his ear quiet enough so only us two could hear. Lucky for me canpers started to come in and their chatting took away any chance of Nico hearing me. "Not a soul. You and me are the only two right?" he asks. I nod and he smiles. "Sweet." Leo answers with his genuine smile. Calypso squeezes through the crowd and sits on Leo's lap snuggling inti his chest. Leo hugs her lovingly and looks at her like that too. I smile at the cute couple. I wish I had a relashionship like that. Nico loves me and I love him but it's just not the same. With this new secret I discovered I'm too scared to show him and look him in his dazzling brown eyes for fear he'll see all my secrets. I crawl into his lap and snuggle into his chest. Nico rests his head on mine tucking my head under his chin. He wrapes his arms around me. I feel watm and safe and feel myself truly relax. My body melts into his and we start singing. I murmer the words and so does Nico. We find comfort in each other.