Prologue

There is a world which is filled with children blessed to soar the skies alongside avian creatures and the clouds. There is strength in their will and unconditional love for life. Though much of their world is filled with stories of heroes and happy endings, with light there are shadows to be cast.

Past the hills of green, the tall lively forests, the white powdered hills that summon great winds, there is land that is vast and desolate. Ashy clouds and deserted land with ancient structures. Beyond that are black mountains within grey colorless fog and haze. Hidden beyond the wall of sand clouds that envelope the wastelands. To the children in the sun, it is known as Gehenna. 

The bare black stone that rises from the silent vapor that drifts within the empty quiet canyons, masks the river of blood and death below. While this place may seem silent and untouched, it is the sea from which dark dragons which feed on light are born, and where many will live and die. The rivers below are of their blood and bodies, for there is no other life out in Gehenna that can devour the blood and flesh of these purely dark creatures. Though deep within this hell, there is a mighty mountain, that rises above the mist and into a forever overcast dome of clouds, a civilization of mankind remains. 

Many have forgotten of their existence, some believe it as a myth, and the ancient ones remember them as a tragedy. They're known to this day as "The Revenants", for their names implied their immortality and resistance to death. While it is true that they have always come back strong and with many numbers, the deaths they have witnessed and contained is nothing but horrendous and much too great. They have been known as Dragon Riders as well, for their skill in Dealing with Dark Dragons and using them for transportation. Though there has been plenty of accidents with trying to live alongside these creatures of the dark, there have also been many names to be made for their talents in controlling these creatures which are colossal in comparison to themselves.

The society that has existed for centuries, out in this isolated world, have forgotten what light truly looks like, and what much there is to see in protecting the weak, and being kind. They see the world purely as predator and prey, and those who can not fend will die off as they are fated to do so. To lay in their own blood and accept that they were not strong enough. The mindset of this society is the opposite face of a coin to that of the sun children.

Though a story is to be written of one boy who had fallen and then risen to be taller than that of even The Sun. 

Mavaros, The Black Sun.