Chapter 17 : Calligraphy Set

Saturday, the last day before the weekend and also the day that the art club is going to finish our volleyball project. I put on my uniform and rushed back down to the kitchen.

"Ohayō, Kaa-san, Tou-san." I greeted both of my parents who were minding their own business. Meiko hasn't woke up yet, perfect. I looked at the table to my surprise there were grilled maguro (true tunas), genmai (brown rice), miso soup, and green tea. "Hey, Kaa-san, you usually don't made these on a normal day, what's the occasion?" I asked my mother as she looked at me wide-eyed.

"Tou-san got a promotion!"

"That's nice!"

"Yep, after you graduate we're planning to move!"

"Yeah, that's nice- what?!"

Even though the move was planned after my graduation, I was still upset that Meiko was not going to grow up in the same place as I did spend my childhood. "Oh, does Meiko knows?" I asked chewing the maguro. "Well, we haven't told her yet." Poor Meiko, she loves it here.

"Where are we moving to?"

"Oh, we're gonna move to a different town."

"Do you think Meiko will miss friends?"

Both of my parents have sad looks on their faces as they exchanged glances. I ate my breakfast with a sad face that day. 'At least we still we got a year, right?'.

"Ohayō!"

I opened my front door to see Kōshi already waiting for me. "Ohayō! Let's go!" I led the way saying goodbye to my parents who were waiting at the door. "Protect my daughter well, Sugawara!" I heard Tou-san said, I blushed and looked at him with a goofy smile and Kaa-san holding her giggles. "A-ah, yes, sir!" Kōshi said making me turn to him with a red face at him.

"Your family... is really something..."

"Yeah..."

"What happened? You're never this down, even when you became president."

"My family is going to move to another town next year... I feel so pity for Meiko"

Kōshi looked at me with sad eyes and caressed my back. "Well, at least she has some time to be with her friends within a year, right?" I nodded and gave him a sad smile.

"And is it weird that you were informed to move to another town a year before?"

"Nope, I think it's not weird, maybe the position hasn't been confirmed yet."

"Confirmed?"

"You're the same age as me, in a class with some smart kids and you still don't understand? That's Sumire!"

"Hey! Stop ruffling my hair, I just brushed it."

I tried to tidy up my hair but the mess that he made was difficult to untangled. Short hair doesn't even avoided the problem, it made it even worse. "Y'know, I cut my hair because of your ruffling." I complained to the boy, he just chuckled and gave me an angelic look, like he was going to escape the situation easily like last time. "Don't give me that look, Sugawara." I glared deeply into his hazel eyes.

"Oops, sorry!"

Club Time!

I rushed to the club room to find that, I was the last member to arrive. They were so early, it made me shock. "Woah, all of you are early? You don't see that everyday!" I smiled at them. Naho quickly grabbed the big poster and laid it on the floor.

"It's time to finish this poster!" We grabbed our supplies and start immediately.

Inking the sketches, it was pretty difficult since it was large. Each and every one of us inked different part of the poster. We made sure if the drawing pens that we use didn't ran out or dried. After we were done inking the drawing, we erased each part of the art. That was not the most tiring process.