part 2

dean and ginny had been dating for about a month and seamus was miserable. at first he was fine with it, in fact better than fine because it meant dean had started hanging around him more again. it was like things were going back to normal. but then ginny would show up a kiss dean and seamus had to find a excuse to leave. today ginny was down practicing quidditch with harry and seamus was in the library.  he was standing on his tiptoes pressing against the bookshelf trying to grab a book. god why do i have to be so short seamus though to himself. just then he felt a body lightly press again his back and was met with the familiar scent of dean.
"are you ever gonna grow shay" dean asked teasingly, stepping back with the book in his hand. seamus smirked at him.
"why would i do that when i have you around"
"well what are you gonna do when i'm not around"
"never given it much thought" seamus said with a casual shrug, dean felt his face heating up.
"so are you giving me my book or what" seamus asked sticking his hand out.
"mm you know what" dean said mischievously, he raised the book above his head and looked down at seamus. "come and get it" fuck that's hot, no stop it you can't think like that you only just got him back as a friend. seamus tried to shake the thoughts out of his head and focus on the task at hand, kissing the smirk off deans face, what no not kissing it off. seamus knew he was blushing but hoped dean didn't think anything of it.
"dean that's not fair you're like double my height" seamus complained.
"sorry shay i don't make the rules"
"fine, acio history of potion making" seamus said, the book quickly flew from deans hand into seamus's outstretched one.
"hey no magic"
"i thought you didn't make the rules"
"oh i'm gonna get you finnigan" seamus laughed and started running down the isle, dean was quick to follow. seamus ran till the end of the row, rounded a few corners and took a few short cuts. he turned another corner and tripped over a bag someone left on the ground.
"ouch" he mumbled rolling over. just then dean rounded the corner and ended up right on top of seamus.
"ouch really mate" seamus groaned. "yer right on top of me" he raised his eyes up and was surprised to see just how close he and dean's faces were. their noses were practically touching and they were both breathing heavy. dean eyes dropped to seamus's lips then quickly back up to his eyes. in that simple motion hope bloomed in seamus's chest. was it possible that dean wanted to kiss him too, no that was ridiculous. i want to kiss him so bad dean thought shit i can't do this his face was burning up and he was glad his complexion mostly hid the blush. seamus still knew when dean was blushing, he always knew.
"umm i gotta go" dean said quickly, jumped up and straightened his robes.
"already" seamus asked trying not to sound too upset.
"yeah i gotta go meet up with.. ginny"
"oh right, ginny" seamus said jealousy rising inside him. dean offered his hand to help seamus up, seamus ignored it and stood up on his on. he kept his eyes on the ground as he walked away, not even saying goodbye. dean felt a piece of his heart break but was determined not to cry. he walked collected his stuff and left to go to the quidditch pitch. he was halfway there when he saw ginny and harry walking towards him.
"dean" ginny yelled running towards him. she threw her arms around his neck and he hugged her back.
"hey gin" he said smiling at her. he looked behind her at harry who was looking quite angrily at them. once harry met his eye though the expression softened.
"hey mate" dean said letting go of ginny.
"dean" harry said nodding at him. "i'm gonna go, see you round" he said walking off.
"harry wait" ginny said running over to him, she said something that dean couldn't quite hear and harry walked away looking considerably happier. 
"good practice" dean asked her as they walked back to the castle.
"yeah it was" ginny said staring off at the castle.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

harry walked into the dorm slamming the door behind him. neville looked up at him and sighed in relief.
"great now you two can be miserable together" he said as he walked out of room.
harry looked over to seamus's bed where he was sitting curled up in a ball. harry headed over and sat on the end of his bed.
"i don't wanna talk about it" seamus mumbled.
"good, i don't either" harry said sighing. seamus raises his head to meet harry's eyes.
"ginny" he asked.
"dean" harry asked in return.
"ugh does everyone know" seamus groaned burring his face in his pillow.
"mate we've all thought you were dating since third year"
"well now we hate each other"
"i don't think that he hates you"
"i hate him then"
"what'd he do to make you say that"
"i don't know but making me fall in love with him was a pretty shitty thing to do"
"well for what it's worth, i think you've done the same thing to him"
"then why's he with ginny"
"i wish i could tell you that"