Peanut butter fudge and carrots

"Faster, Granger! If I don't see you at the finishing line in ten seconds, I will make you do another round!", Professor Snape bellowed

Hermione groaned and clutched her broomstick tighter. So far, the Gryffindor had excelled at every lesson she had ever faced...except one: flying.
Hermione hated flying. Even before she had gotten onto the broom she had warned Professor Snape that she was a miserable flyer.
But without avail.

"Every witch or wizards needs to be able to move fast", Professor Snape had sneered at her. "Using broomsticks is one of the most important basics. Now get on that broom!"

It was only a week after the end of term. Gandalf had caught six Aurors sneaking around on Hogwarts' grounds and had warned Mioha about flying too far from Hogwarts. Now, during their flying practice outside, Hogwarts had created a large shield the shape of a dome. It surrounded the grounds and had enabled the professors to set up a track of a sort because from outside of the shield, no one would be able to see anything odd besides the castle.

There were tall poles with red flags rising high into the air that marked the racetrack, which ran through the air in a large, entwined circle. The finishing and starting line was between two poles that had been set up besides Hagrid's hut. The half-giant was taking the day off from his work and was sitting in an enormous chair by the finishing line, enthusiastically waving whenever one of the flyers passed him.

The track led them all around the castle, as well as around the towers and even above the courtyard. The trickiest part was when they had to fly up around the North Tower, then do a sharp left and fly down the West Tower again. The many walls and battlements of Hogwarts were very painful of you crashed into them.

So far, Mioha had been the fastest, followed by Harry, George, Ginny, Fred, Ron and lastly, Hermione. 
The bushy-haired witch had difficulties steering into a straight direction because her broom kept spinning to the side.

In the beginning, Mioha had tried to stay around Hermione to help her in case the Gryffindor would fall off, but Professor Snape had quickly noticed this and had her do five extra rounds.

Now, they had to race each other and whoever reached the finishing line after three rounds was the winner.

Mioha shot through the air, barely moving her wings as she flew up to the top of the Owlery. Harry was below her, bent forward on his Firebolt with his eyes scrunched up in concentration. Ron was not far behind, although Ginny and George were quickly gaining on him.
They were about to finish their third round and had made a bet that whoever won got to eat the other's desserts.

The wind whipped past Mioha's face and she laughed freely as she closed her wings around her and spun up into the air. She felt right at home in the air and enjoyed the exercise after neglecting it while studying for her OWLs.

When she reached the top, Mioha opened her wings and let herself fall forward down the other side of the Owlery. The windows in the stone walls rattled from her strong wingbeats as she soared past them; earlier, Mioha had accidentally smashed one (or two) because she had flown past them to fast.