Chapter Six

***A***

Today was one hell of a day, I had to go to the sites and do alot of paperwork and then get more equipments for the new well we were about to open. Talk about a hectic day, I would have called Sky but I don't know what she'll be doing right now. Speaking of Skyler, my mind drifted to a certain red head that was taking care of my daughter.

At first I didn't think she'd agree to babysit Skyler, I mean it was out of the blue and I honestly expected her to tell me she had other things to do. She looked shy and out of place when I saw her before leaving and most of all she looked beautiful, even if she wore rags she'd still look good in them.

All I wanted was to be done with this and be back home with Skyler. Suddenly my phone rang, I wasn't expecting any call it was midnight over here.

" Hello, Katie if this is about..." I didn't even bother to check the caller ID, but the voice that replied certainly wasn't Katie.

" It's Jade, Mr. Giovanni."

" Oh. So sorry I didn't even look who was calling." I face palmed myself, I didn't pick up Katie's call earlier so I assumed she was calling again.

" No problem, I called because Skyler wanted to speak to you." She replied.

" Okay, but she could've used her own phone." I said, but then I got my answer. I knew what Skyler was doing, she obviously wanted me to speak to Jade and again her plan worked.

" And you don't want to speak to me?" I asked.

" Well, I don't know what I'd say to you. We really don't know each other that much." She replied and obviously she was right, Skyler is rubbing off on me.

" Touchè." I replied.

" I'll give Sky the phone now."

" Hey dad, how are you?" Skyler asked.

" I'm okay, just tired from work, how was school today?"

" It was okay, I had fun with Tammy." She replied.

" Okay, hope you're being nice to Jade?" I asked, I knew she liked Jade alot so she wouldn't make her sweat at all, but I still needed to get on her nerves.

" Come on dad. Jade and I are just fine! Just the other night she taught me how to make those chocolate cookies and she's going to teach me how to make pasta this night." She replied, seems like she's having alot of fun.

" Sounds like fun."

" Yeah, staying with Jade is alot of fun."

" It's good to know that my princess is alright. But right now daddy has to rest, for he has a big day at work tomorrow."

" Okay, we'll talk later. Bye I love you."

" I love you too honey, give the phone back to Jade please."

" Sure, Jade my dad wants to talk to you!" She screamed, Jade obviously gave her privacy to talk to her dad alone.

" Hello." I heard her voice again.

" Thanks for everything Jade I owe you one." I said then she let out a small laugh.

" Nah, just take is a me returning the favor when you dropped me home and then paying for the damage I caused your car." She said.

" Okay then, but we'll talk about this when I get back."

" I'm not sure we will, but whatever makes you sleep at night." She replied and I laughed.

" Alright, we'll talk later."

" Sure." Then I hung up, I could definitely get used to talking to her.