Following The Light

Sesshomaru, Kagome and Inuyasha all jumped out of the well and headed into the house. Kagome's mother agreed to take them to Kida's house after Kagome explained everything to her. Kagome's grandpa was distraught at the fact that Kida was gone. Sota and Kagome's mother were crying but Kagome's mother pulled herself together to take them to Kida's home. When in the car Kagome's mother asked them why exactly they needed to go to Kida's home. Sesshomaru explained the dream he had. "So you think the dream was telling you to follow the light you saw when you woke up?" Kagome's mother asked "I do believe it was telling me exactly that." He said as the car was pulling up to the gate they were about to step out when the gate opened on it's own. "What? It's never done that before!" Kagome said starring at the now opened gate. Kagome's mother drove up to the house slowly. It looked like no one was there the house was dark and Kida's car was still parked outside in the front. They all walked up to the door. When Kagome reached for the door it opened before she touched the door knob. "Did you see that? It... it opened on his own!" Kagome said a little surprised. They all stepped inside looking around as Kagome was about to turn the lights on. She stopped short of the light switch as she turned to see a glowing blue light coming from the office. Kagome walked cautiously down the dark hallway to the office and opened the door making the blue light spill into the dark hallway drawing everyone's attention. Kagome blocked her eyes with her arm as she entered the office. She walked to the closet where the light was coming from and slid open the door. Inside was boxes of files, boxes of holiday decorations and a bag. Kagome reached for the bag grabbing it carefully and walked to the living room. Kagome's mother turned the lights on as Kagome put the bag on the table. Kagome opened the bag pulling out the clothes that she remembered all too well. When she pulled out Rin's kimono something fell to the ground. Kagome bent down and picked it up examining it closely. It was a metal tin with a soft blue glow coming from inside of it. Kagome opened it and a hologram manifested. It was Kida dressed in a similar dress to her yellow dress but she was older. Everyone stood there in shock. Sesshomaru's eyes widened 'Its the way I saw her in my dream.' He thought to himself. Her eyes tired and her face and hands wrinkled.

"My Dear Friends

"My Dear Friends. If you are seeing this I am no longer there with you but do no fret for I did not die at Amelia's castle. My deepest regret was not staying with you when I had the chance. I'm hoping this makes it to you so that you do not waste your lives trying to find a way to revive me. Seeing the chaos power causes I've decided to live the rest of my life in peace away from others. I have never forgotten any of you and thought about you frequently. Please do as you wish. There are papers in the office leaving my estate to Mrs. Higurashi. Kagome I ask that you bring the CD player in the bag with you and play it when you are home. I have enchanted it to play without batteries. It is to remember me by. Please take care of yourselves. I miss you all so much." The hologram faded out and the blue light disappeared. Reaching into the bag Kagome pulled the CD player out. She went to the office bringing back the deed to the estate and handed it to her mother. Tears rolled down her face as she clutched the cd player to her chest. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru followed Kagome and her mother to the car. Turning back to take one last look at the estate they all piled in the car. It was a silent drive back to the Higurashi shrine. "At least Kida hadn't died at the castle. She obviously lived a long life by the looks of her in the hologram." Kagome's mother said trying to lighten the mood. Sesshomaru was still quiet thinking about the images that he had seen. Were his dreams trying to tell him something? Or was it just a mere coincidence that the exact image that he had just seen was something he dreamed about prior to Kida stopping the castle from sucking the life from the world. He shook the thoughts from his head and focused on the cd player. He wanted to know what it was and what exactly it did. "Hey Kagome what's a cd player?" Inuyasha asked making Sesshomaru perk up and listen intently. At times he was glad Inuyasha asked the questions he did because a handful of the time he had the same questions except he would not ask them himself. "Its a Compact Disc player." Kagome responded. Inuyasha scratched his head still confused. "Ok so what does it do?" He asked a bit irritated not satisfied at the first answer. "Oh it depends on what's on the disc. Some have games or play music and some are people talking. There is all kinds of cds. Knowing Kida though I'm not sure which one it is." She said tightening her grip on it. "Well how will we be able to hear it?" Inuyasha asked now wondering if it was a game, music or a message. Kagome looked down at the cd player. "Oh no. Theres no speaker!" She said her eyes tearing up a little. "What's a speaker?" Inuyasha asked curiously. "A speaker allows you to hear what's on the cd. Dont worry Kagome I'll see if we have any at home. If we dont we'll go and buy some okay." Kagome's mother said in a calming voice. Kagome was now clutching the cd player tighter with her knuckles turning white.