Chapter 23

Guys....when I see you voting for a chapter at 2 in the morning, I literally think: "Wow. Me too. Meeeeee tooooooooooo."

HERE YOU GO SNITCHESSSSS!

Ignored?

Ogiwara, Xzavier, and I were walking home from the station after we had a full day of practice at Seirin.

I had a lot of fun and my team was something else alright. They were all really close, I could tell, but picked on each other a lot. Almost like all of them were best friends. But I guess basketball gets you close or people, huh?

"Hey guys," Ogiwara said stopping causing Xzavier and I to look back at him, "I think, basketball is really fun."

I chuckled and Xzavier grew his arm around Ogiwara's knock putting him in a head lock, "Well no shit!"

We all began laughing on our way home. I wonder what tomorrow will hold, after all, we'll only be here for the rest of tomorrow and the next morning.

...(time skip)

I was already up while Ogiwara was leaving but Xzavier was being lazy by the time Ogiwara left.

"Xzavier, let's go!" I said.

"Where? I'm not going to eat with you, I had so much stuff last night." He whined turning away from me.

"To the courts, duh!"

Xzavier sat straight up with a smile plastered on his face, "So, where are we going?"

In minutes we were out the door and in a cab on our way to some street courts I know of. They have always been a good place to get out and play against people you don't know. However the game is super fair and awesome. Xzavier looked super antsy to get out in the court.

"Xzavier, relax. We'll be there soon," I chuckled light.

He glared at me, "Says you, Suya. Look at you, you're already throwing the ball back and forth." I hadn't even noticed, but Xzavier was right. I was holding the basketball in my hands and throwing it back and forth between them.

Holy crap, I'm a basketball-aholic.

"We are here," the man said and I paid him while Xzavier rushed out.

"Sweet!" He shouted happily. We walked towards the five courts that were there and saw that there weren't to many people there today. After all, it is a school day for high school, college, and many middle school kids.

We walked over to a court where there was a 3v3 game going on and Xzavier jumped at the opportunity.

"You guys have room for two more?" They all looked at Xzavier weirdly.

I rolled my eyes and repeated what he said but in Japanese. "Oh! Yeah, you guys can join. But fair warning, we consider ourselves pretty good and aren't people to hold back."

I smirked and shook the 30 year old mans hand, "I think we'll manage."

Xzavier and I were on split teams again for a solid four hours before the guys had to leave and we joined another group. After that, both of us were in the same team.

"Damn guys, you have a lot of energy. How old are you?"

"We are both almost 17," I explained to the 40 year old man.

He laughed, "That explains a lot. You guys are pretty good yourselves."

"You're not to bad yourself, old man." He laughed and stopped bending over breathing heavily.