• It's a Pirate's promise•

Author's POV

The ship was silent, pirates were silent, prince was silent and so was San. He couldn't understand why, but he was feeling absolutely helpless at this point. Even though he had no right to play victim here, he had almost scarred an innocent human for life. Right now he was thanking whatever out there for making him stop before the damage was irreversible.

Although he still knows that Wooyoung was already scarred for life. Another lone tear dropped from his eyes as a hand reached out to bring him down into a warm embrace, to console him.
Kim Hongjoong was probably the only weight keeping him grounded. The captain felt like burning his hands or devouring burning coal to somehow punish himself and repent for what he did.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"What are doing, San-ah?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Underneath their cabin in another bed was laying another helpless soul, vulnerable and exposed and broken. Wooyoung was having a hard time coping up. Time and time again he was unable to breath or see, vision blurring badly. Sleep was a luxury and scars on his wrist working like an abyss to lure him into all the darkness that consumed him. Falling, he was falling fast. Into what? He didn't know.

He didn't even realized that it was already the third night from the that night. He would cry whenever and would cry to sleep. Eating was another challenge, nothing could go down his mouth, rarely anything his body would accept, that to only when he was too numb of feeling anything. His hand would shake non stop and heart wouldn't calm down. Fear was so much that talking, walking and listening seemed like the hardest things to do.

On the inside he thanked whatever gods above for sending Jongho. After that man had left, Jongho came rushing to his side crying out his name but stopped the moment he saw Wooyoung laying paralyzed on the bed, head bruising with ugly purple and blue, edge of his lips bleeding. The poor boy's panic came to an abrupt stop when he saw his naked upper half littered with painful bites and some even bleeding.

Jongho's heart pained so badly, he felt like drowning himself in the ocean to just kill himself for unable to protect his friend, his hyung, that innocent human with nothing but kindness possessing his heart. He fell on his knees and muffled his cries of pity. He had failed his friend and now he felt like dying.

Ever since then, the ship's environment was a cluster of sadness, fear, disappointment and regrets. Jongho never bothered talking to anyone devoting himself to look after Wooyoung like his life dependent on it. Not even Yeosang, swatting his hand away when the older approached him. He was not just sad at his hyungs but utterly disheartened by the way they all let San do this to Wooyoung. Knowing very well that how he himself was once a victim of such behavior.

God only knows how he was forcing himself from breaking down everytime Wooyoung would have a panic attack or memories of that dreaded night flooded Wooyoung again and again. He felt useless for not being able to help him or lessen his pain.

That day he realized that rage can make a man and brake another, unlucky ones were on the broken side.

Wooyoung, was aware that the world outside was not what his bedtime stories made it to be. He knew people were not good, but what happened with him not only left him broken but also utterly confused, what did San gain? Waht did anyone gain out of this? Was it about the pleasure? Which barely lasts for a while. Does inflicting so much pain on him was worth it?

Was him fighting for his freedom, wanting to see his beloved, having to live a life too much to ask for. Was it a crime? And was that the reason why San did what he did?