Chapter 2

The guy turned around as Tsumugi let go of him and a huge smile was on his face. He literally picked her up and hugged her, spinning her around. Tsumugi squealed and laughed. Maki felt something... a feeling of longing for that type of affection... from the same guy but she shrugged the feeling off and walked closer towards them. Tsumugi remembered why she was there in the first place. "Hey, Kaito, I would like you to meet Maki, your new friend." Tsumugi said, knowing that Kaito sees almost everyone as that, and pointed to Maki. Kaito put Tsumugi down and straightened out his clothes. He smiled at Maki. "The name's Kaito Momota, soon to be luminary of the stars!" Kaito waited for Maki's response. "Maki Harukawa. How are you so sure that you'll actually be able to leave the earth? It sounds impossible" She commented. "Because the impossible is possible! All you gotta do is make it so!" He answered. 

Tsumugi noticed that it had gotten noticeably darker. "Uh, Kaito, It's almost time." Tsumugi tapped his shoulder and Kaito looked at the darker sky. "Oh, you're right. You go get set up and I'll meet you in the spot." He said as Tsumugi nodded and went off. "Why don't you come join us?" Kaito offered. Maki thought for a moment. It would definitely be a good pass time since she probably wouldn't be able to find Rantaro easily in the dark. "I guess I can hangout with you two for a while." Maki shrugged. "Cool, I'll just close down the forge and then we can go." Kaito said, starting to lock up the forge. "So, how has your life been?" He asked, trying not to let things get awkward. "It's been fine, I guess." Maki said as she waited. "I don't think I've seen you here before. Do you live in the more central part of the city or are you a tourist?" He asked. "Neither, I've just moved here to become an inventor." She said. That was some information she wasn't planning to reveal that information to someone she just met but she just felt so safe around him.

 It felt weird. "That sounds awesome! Do you have anywhere to live?" He asked. "No, I've been busy searching for Rantaro Amami." She answered. "Oh, well, I know a friend who'll be happy to take you in if you need him to." He replied. "Him?" Maki raised an eyebrow. "Don't worry, he's not that type of guy, I promise." Kaito smiled at her and they both started to make their way to the stargazing spot. They talked some more before reaching their destination and met up with Tsumugi. "Kaito! I just saw a group of stars! I forgot what they're called but they made a heart!" Tsumugi said excitedly, unknowingly stopping their conversation of which mostly consisted of Kaito talking and asking questions. Kaito chuckled and let Tsumugi, who was acting like an excited child, show him before he continued to talk to Maki. Tsumugi kept drawing and writing down constellations. 

Their conversation sometimes got interrupted by Tsumugi but once she got really tired and decided to leave it was just them. "So you're looking for Rantaro, well, I may have an idea of where he is but it'll probably be better to take you in the morning." Kaito yawned as Maki nodded. "Man, I love Tsumugi like a brother but she can be tiring sometimes." He said, standing up and stretching. "Wanna call it a night and I can take you to Shuichi's?" Kaito asked as Maki nodded. They both left. Long story short, Kaito took Maki to Shuichi before going to his own house and they both slept since the next day they'd have a long day. I think we can all agree when I say that their relationship is building up fast but I am really bad at slow burns when it comes ships so we'll just have to deal with it.

The next day Kaito and Maki met up at the forge before going off to find Rantaro. "Now, most people say he'll never be in his workshop but I say otherwise if you manage to get there at the right time." Kaito explained as he led Maki to Rantaro's workshop. Kaito got called some mean things on the way there but even though he got angry he tried his best to keep his cool until Maki left. "So Rantaro should be here and if he isn't then you know where to find me." Kaito said as he had to get to work and with that Kaito left. Maki was about to knock until the door opened a tiny bit and she could hear someone pleading. "Come on, Rantaro! We both obviously know that I'm the best at inventing so just let me work beside you already!" A female voice said. Maki quietly entered. "Yes, you may be the best but I can't until either you or Angie win at the Inventor's Convention at least twice in a row." Rantaro said which made the female groan loudly. 

"Ahem, excuse me." Maki said, gaining the two's attention. "I'm Maki Harukawa and I have a letter for Rantaro Amami." Maki said as Rantaro walked up to her. She gave him the letter and he opened it. Rantaro read every word carefully. "Alright, so I guess I'm your teacher now." Rantaro gave her back the letter with a carefree smile. Maki was somewhat surprised at how easy that was while the other girl scoffed. "Wait, I don't have to prove to you that I'm ready to become an inventor?" Maki asked, confused. "Why should you have to?" Rantaro asked as Maki nodded understandingly. "So, what's this inventor's convention about?" Maki asked. "Well-" "It's for the best inventors to compete and whoever wins gets a chance to work beside Rantaro which I'll easily win because I'm the best inventor there is." The girl explained. "Right and who are you?" Maki asked. "I'm like the most amazing inventor ever! Miu Iruma!" Miu said and Maki nodded.

 "Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you two work together on a project for the inventor's convention?" Rantaro offered. "Of course, you'll have me to help you because I still have to teach you, Maki." Rantaro said to which Miu instantly agreed. Maki agreed too because she wanted to learn how to become an inventor and if this was how she would have to learn then she would do it.

Word Count: 1088