Chapter 25

Halina

It is the day of Sinclair coronation to become king. Brida was to announce him to the vampire community as there rightful king. Everyone attended that night, even the wolf king and his people. Alex came as well as did everyone else. At this point Alex had stepped down and gave Adrian and his mate Angela the title of alpha and Luna now. With Jasper as his beta and Aurelia as the beta female and Kaiden as the gamma and Veronica gamma female. They were all mated and so was Arelio and Natalia as well. They returned to the palace to finish his apprenticeship with the witches.

Sinclair grew fast like his other siblings, he had a toned body and was tall like his father. He also had his charm and would make any women swoon over him. My boy was a player of course and I didn't judge him at all about it. I was still involved with Alex and Camille, whenever I had time.

Brida and Lucius were talking when Roman and Roland came in with their father Ralph. He greets everyone and talks with the queen and the king of wolfs. Roman and Roland keep to themselves but still interact with some people. Sinclair of course was chatting around and being introduced and he got along with my other four children. They were all tight together and I was glad for that. Alex and Camille were with me the whole night.

"Can I have everyone attention?" Brida said "I have gathered you all here to witness me giving my title to my grandson Sinclair. He will be taking over as king as soon as he is done with his training" she said and everyone clapped for her. Sinclair look amused since he training was already over but Brida wanted to give him more time. Brida did say more announcements and everyone clapped and agreed on her verdict, soon everyone was enjoying and talking again.

Lucius held Brida hand as he help her off the stage, she smiles and kissed his cheek. She take a glass of red liquid which I'm assuming is blood and wine and drink the glass away. She smiles but then she goes pale and coughs hard spilling the drink on the floor "Brida???" Lucius said and I heard him and went to her trying to help her but she was holding her neck and turning blue and she fell "Someone get a doctor" I screamed and within seconds Brida took her last breathe and died right there in my arms. Her eyes red and her veins all blue.

Lucius look at me and we stared and came to the fact that she wasn't coming back. Lucius was drag out by his alpha supreme because he was losing control since he cared for Brida a lot. Her body was sent to the morgue and everyone prepared for another royal funeral. I was devastated that she just died so suddenly and wanted to investigate. I found out that someone had put a lot of vervain in her wine and she drank it and it went straight into her blood stream and killed her fast. I couldn't find any other evidence beside the glass she drank from. I cried at the lose of another dear person to me. Lucius was the worst of it since he was gonna propose to her after she gave the crown to Sinclair.