Finding Nick

The gang had left the cabin behind, in hope to flee from the past.., and a dangerous man, known as William Carver. The story continues now.. as Luke and Y/N return to the shed that Y/N and Nick were held up in..

————————————————————
Luke: You sure he's down this way?

Luke and Y/N break off from the group, heading down a similar path that Y/N ran down this morning.

The gang were resting now, waiting for Luke and Y/N to come back with Nick.

Y/N: Certain.. and if he's not, I'm not sure where else to look...

Luke: I'm sure he's fine.

They continue to walk down, though in silence now, the silence is broken once the shed is discovered.

Y/N: Found it!

Y/N smiles..

Y/N: Oh, shit..

Y/N's smile fades as soon as he sees the shed doors opened.

Luke: Be careful. We need to find out what has happened here.

The closer the two boys approach the door, the closer the sound of groaning walkers is noticed...

Luke: We've got two here... you take one, I take the other.

Y/N: Sure.

Y/N and Luke sneak up behind two walkers and do a synchronised takedown, acting as if it's some kind of action movie.

Now that the walkers at the front were gone. The two boys could now see what had actually happened.

Luke: Come on inside.. we can-

Luke is pinched by a walker.

Y/N acts quickly and grabs his knife and does a swift slash to the head, killing the walker. Without hurting Luke.

Luke: Good job, kid.

Y/N: Thank you..... Wait.

Y/N notices something.

Luke: What is it?

Y/N: That walker looks awfully familiar.

Luke: Lets see.., oh no, oh shit, fuck, fucking, fuck!

Y/N takes a closer look and realises it's Nick, the hat matches. The shirt matches, the alcohol covered all over Nick's shirt, The boys were sure Nick was one of the walkers.

Y/N: Damn. Luke I'm sorry. I really am.

Luke: Oh, god...

Y/N: We need to get out of here, Luke.

Luke: Y-You're right.

Y/N: Come on... lets get back to the others...

Y/N puts a hand on Luke's shoulder..

Y/N: I know you two were close, come on, pal.

Luke looks up at you with a sad smile, then begins walking back to the others.
Y/N follows him closely.

Y/N: It's ok if you want me to tell everyone about Nick, you don't have to..

Luke: It doesn't matter, you can if you want to.

Y/N: I will.. and again, I'm sorry about Nick.

Luke: Don't worry about it, Y/N. I'm just kind of shocked that it happened.

Y/N: That's fair.

Clementine: Y/N! You're back!

You attempt a smile for Clem but fail, her smile fades.

Rebecca: What happened? Where's Nick?!

Y/N: He.. He didn't make it.. I'm sorry guys. I really am..

Rebecca: No... Nick..

Everyone begins to comfort each other, it really is tough when you lose someone you love.

Y/N stands out of the huddle that everyone else had made, he felt awkward about it.

Clem: What's wrong, Y/N?

Clem speaks to Y/N from behind.

Y/N: It sucks..

Clem: Huh?

Y/N: Losing someone you love, it sucks, one of the worst feelings to have, and with anyone else I would empathise completely, but.. for them, I feel almost no need to go comfort them. That must mean I'm a really messed up person, Hm?

Clementine puts her arms around your shoulders, making you a little flustered.

Clem: You're far from messed up, Y/N. And I don't think it's got to do with the fact you can't empathise, it's probably because of how they treated us that one night.. in the shed.

Y/N: Maybe.. but I still feel like I should feel something. I mean someone just fucking died.

Clementine: Try not to worry about it.

Clem rests her head on your shoulder, making you tense up, though eventually relaxing and letting her have a little moment to chill out.

Luke: I.. I think it's best for us to get moving, we have someone to run away from, remember?

Alvin: Of course.

Luke: We only have about five days to get to those mountains, so we best get moving......

————————————————————
Alanboah

Ok I'm sorry for the announcement: I know I'm not supposed to do any here but I just wanna say sorry for the delay, I was experimenting with new things and the chapter turned out shorter than I'd hoped for.. I hope you're not bothered by the wait or anything, and that's all I have to say for now, so.. goodbye for now!