CHAPTER III

play the track I attached. it is to the beat of what he is singing.

I balled up the seventh sheet of paper that I had ruined due to my lack of creativity

I balled up the seventh sheet of paper that I had ruined due to my lack of creativity. It was getting frustrating that my writing wasn't flowing with the melody of the keys I played at the piano. I sighed to myself, rubbing my eyes in an attempt for me to get it right.

The melodies were in my head but the words were hard to come out. Tossing my writing journal aside, I decided to give it a break and play the keys until something came out of it.

My fingers moved gently over the keys, gliding smoothing as hymns produced. I allowed the music to take control and play whatever I played. I needed to get this album finished up and with only two more songs left to record, I wanted to add in just one more.

"When my dreams were fading..." I sang slowly to the beat with my eyes shut. "When my dreams were fading..." I sang at a higher octave, creating an echo to sound. I continued to play, needing the tune to be my guide for the words to come.

"Fading, fading, fading, fading, fading." Each word came out my mouth without my control. I needed it to be this way. I needed to let my emotions guide me to produce the best lyrics.

It was real.

It was genuine.

It was how I produced my best work.

I sat on the piano for I don't know how long, the early morning sun welcoming me as it warmed my space. My house was pretty quiet as no one was here but myself and the girl I'd met last night. She was passed out upstairs and after the night I'd put her through, I'd let her sleep until she was ready to go home.

I didn't mind women sleeping over as I was never the type of man to disrespect them by kicking them out like they were dirt beneath me. Ultimately, I was still smart about the way I let them in.

Once I entered the music industry, the wave of women I was introduced with were a spectrum of all kinds. All nationalities, all different body types and backgrounds. They threw themselves at me and not being a man used to it, I really wasn't sure how to go about it. Once my single dropped and went number one on the Billboard Hot 100 a few months ago, the new love I received was unbearable. In a year I went from a small artist dropping EPs and singles here and there to now recording my first ever album, signed to a record label and brought with an opportunity to expand myself not only in music but in fashion as well.

My followers on instagram grew from one hundred thousand and jumped to nine hundred thousand in just two years. I was almost at a million followers and my fan base had expanded. In the last two years I got recognized in public spaces more. People wanted me to take pictures and sign things for them. On social media, fans began to call themselves "simmers", using my stage name and creating their own hive to it. It felt good to get that recognition for my work. It felt good knowing all the hard work I'd put in for this dream was paying off. I wasn't a household name like MJ or Maxwell, but this was the start of something that I had great faith in.