<~{CHAPTER FOUR}~>

[Y/N's Point of View]

"HEY! No! Dont do that! please, come back.. AGH YOU MOSSY buttHOLE I SAID COME BACK! GIMME THAT!"

You screeched, chasing after your pet Mosscreep. You were taking a walk around Dirtmouth, when he suddenly decided to be EVIL and ran away from you for no reason at all, while also stealing an innocent passerby's bag.

After chasing him around the whole town, he tried to hide from you under the bench, but his fat mossy body along with the bag on his back rendered him stuck under it, squeaking and chirping sheepishly at you.

"Huff.. Ugh.." You breathed heavily, falling to your knees beside the bench, trying to regain your breath, as you got winded easily from running so much, a thing you dont often do. The passerby, a short butterfly with dark brown wings, with light spots and a dash of gold on each, with a dark blue cap and cloak, looked at you with worry, his antennae twitching slightly under his cap.

"Uh, miss.. Are you and your ..thing.. ok?" He asked, mildly narrowing his eyes as he said 'thing' as if a bit annoyed and confused on what it was.

You looked up at him and nodded.

"Y-yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" you said, dragging out the word as you breathed out. "Im.. Sorry. (P/N) is a butt. My name is (Y/N), by the way.. If you need to know to, I dunno, report me to the non-existant police." You mumbled, now grabbing the Mosscreep and yanking him out from under the bench, returning the bag to its owner.

"Oh, no, I wouldnt do that. Those kinds of things happen, I know since I have a rowdy pet too, and, I'm Spec, nice to meet you, ms. (Y/N)" he said, lowering his head slightly as a greeting. Then he perked up and searched through his bag. "Oh, by the way! You have a few letters."

"What?"

"Letters, people sent you letters. You see, I'm kind of the mail-guy here.. and these are all addressed to you!" he chirped and handed you three letters. 

You read them quickly. Two of them were from your ex, saying how much he needed you and whatever, and the other one was about a contest you, as a joke, had entered, to win a lifetime supply of Pale Flakes. You always thought no one entered them and they were like, a hoax.

Turns out one of those was true, and not the other.

'Greetings, (Y/N)!!!

You were chosen from 3 other bugs, to recieve a lifetime supply of Pale Flakes!!!

All you have to do now is send us a letter confirming your name, where you live and your signature and they will be sent to you, for the low cost of 3,000 geo! Or come pick them up yourself at the Palace Grounds.'

Your eyes widened and you gasped.

Spec tilted his head. "Huh?"

"I won A LIFETIME SUPPLY OF PALE FLAKES!" You screamed happily, hugging your Mosscreep tightly and earning quite a few weird stares from the bugs near. An old bug nearby, who you only knew as Elderbug, sighed.

Spec, on the other hand, seemed nearly as amazed as you were.

"Really? Golly, that is great! It must be such an honor!" He chirped.

"An honor? Its just pale flakes, really, but it sure is great!"

"It really is an honor, have you read the address properly or read the back of the box well? Pale Flakes arent just named after the King.. He invented them! He picks the winners for the contests himself!" He exclaimed.

Your eyes widened even more, and your grip on your Mosscreep tightened to the point where he had to squeeze out of your arms, squeaking in annoyance and nibbling on your leg. But you didnt notice, for once you truly felt excited, after meeting the prince, of course.