Planning A Party

It was a chilly Friday night - the last week of September. After a long week of lessons, y/n was sprawled on one of the overstuffed sofas in the Hufflepuff common room between Fred and George. A dozen Hufflepuff students were huddled around them, and they were all planning a party for the following evening.

Nobody batted an eye anymore at the twins' presence in the Hufflepuff common room. Most of them even welcomed it, especially on occasions as such. They'd partied and crashed countless times in the warm circular room.

Hufflepuff parties were wild, often unpredictable. They always started calmly, but rarely ended that way, and the twins were all in for it.

"So Fred and I will take care of the stuff," said George raising his eyebrows playfully. No one bothered asking how they had access to that. By now everyone had accepted the fact that they have their own secret ways to provide endless drinks, and trusted them with the task.

"And I'll nick the food from the kitchens," y/n said.

"I'll help you, y/n," volunteered Cedric.

"Sure," y/n nodded.

George threw a quick annoyed look at Cedric. What is he still so angry about? The grudge over last years' Quidditch match is becoming silly by now.

"We'll decorate the common room," offered two fourth-years.

"And the rest can spread the word and invite the other houses. Yes, Slytherin too. And don't forget to tell Professor Sprout and the Fat Friar as well," y/n reminded.

Professor Sprout attended their house parties often, secretly, of course. She was much more relaxed and fun-loving than the rest of the teaching staff.

Suprisingly Professor Dumbledore had one time also stumbled upon one of their parties as well. An intoxicated student had seen the Headmaster coming out of the kitchen portrait, and decided it would be fun to invite him in. When Dumbledore's tall and imposing figure dressed in emerlad green robes with golden stars and moons emerged from the entrance and stepped into the common room, everyone was too stunned to speak. They feared he had come to end the party.

Instead Dumbledore just smiled and, looking around the room over his half-moon spectacles, said, "What a neat little gathering! Oh, don't mind me, please continue. Who stopped the music? I quite like that tune... The one that goes like doo-doo-do-do..."

Professor Dumbledore then spent the night snacking on sherbet lemon, conversing lively with the portrait of Helga Hufflepuff hanging over the mantelpiece, and exchanging happy banter with the Fat Friar. He'd even danced a little in the corner, bouncing back and forth on his feet and sipping from a tall glass of party punch.

That's how Hufflepuff parties were.

One by one all Hufflepuffs went to bed until it was just y/n and the twins conversing in low voices. The twins' joke shop was on hold due to lack of financing, making them impatient. They'd prepared a new letter for Bagman, since he'd ignored the first letter they'd sent him.

Lee, whose dad had also been swindled considerably, had told them that Bagman was indeed in huge debt. So Fred suggested informing the Ministry of Magic of Bagman's activities, since he was the head of the Department of Magical Games. Y/n and George - being the voices of reason to Fred's impulsive ideas - had argued with him until Fred dropped the idea.

"It's a bummer, alright," concluded George, "But the foul git will have to talk to us sooner or later."

Soon they were too sleepy to talk, and the twins decided to head back to the Gryffindor tower.

"Alright, sleep tight, sunshine. See you tomorrow" said George yawning while climbing out the barrel door.
He had this habit of calling y/n sweet names, and sunshine was one of his personal favourites.

"Sweet dreams, y/n. But don't dream too much of me, or Georgie here might get jealous" Fred teased, pulling her cheek gently.

Y/n shook her head "You guys are idiots".

"But you love us", said Fred and George in unison while walking away.

"Yeah.. I do" she said to herself and closed the door behind them.

Once in her dormitory, y/n pulled on her pyjamas and got into her fluffy four-poster bed. As she hugged the pillow, the memory of the night at the daisy field crossed her mind and she wished they could go out to there again. She closed your eyes and driffted off to a long dreamless sleep.