1 ~ the first encounter

observing from afar was always her first step, so here she stood at the small bracelet stand. the bulky man selling bread had never caught her before yet she was oh so nervous. the day felt off for (y/n), something was coming but she couldn't put her finger on it. finally her chance came and she sneaked over to the bread stand, it was quite easy to slip that loaf into her beat up tote. she started to walk off before a hand gripped onto her wrist.

with a sickly sweet smile she turned around and faced a very angry vendor.

"you know it's not very polite to grab a lady like this, besides i think you're rather old for me" the sarcastic remark only made the bald mans face a deeper red, (y/n) took this as an opening and slipped out of his grip. her legs moved faster than ever before as she swerved in between all of the people at the street market.

"CATCH THAT GIRL" the man shouted as he chased her.

the burning in her lungs was exhilarating, other vendors began to chase after her yet not an ounce of fear pumped through her. she knew if she really was caught she'd be punished yet she couldn't give up the thrill of stealing from the dear royals. the people of her Dina were stupid if they thought this money was really put into improving the kingdom. did they not see the new jewels and gowns the Princess received? also she was just hungry for fucks sake a loaf of bread shouldn't cost 13 pounds. the grey and lavender flag banners soon started to disappear as she made it to the end of the street market. at this point quite a few more people were chasing after her, she ran down into a small alley in between shops before a strong hand gripped her forearm.

before she could yelp a hand covered her mouth and she was pinned harshly against a wall.

"shh i'm not going to hurt you" in the dim light of the alley she could make out a pair of deep dark teal eyes gazing down at her. the boy seemed the same age as her as he pushed her into a slim dip of the wall that she didn't notice when she was running. his back covered her as he faced the alley, the sound of hurried footsteps echoed throughout the no longer empty before stopping in front of him. (y/n) didn't even notice herself holding her breath as she stood there.

"you, have you seen a girl with (h/c) hair running around here?" a voice she didn't recognize, perhaps one of the other merchants, asked the boy.

"i think she went that way before turning out towards that street" his voice was very monotone when he spoke to her followers. soon they all went towards the direction he told them but he didn't turn back towards her for a few minutes.

"who are you and why did you help me" the words were firm and steady as they left her lips, the boy moved out towards the alley. (y/n) followed him out of the small slip and fixed him with an unwavering stare. she examined him from head to toe now that there was more room and light in between them. a head of slightly messy black hair and striking teal eyes that stared into her own (e/c) eyes. he was quite pretty, although he was dressed rather fancily in her opinion.

"ah i see, wealthy boy feeling bad for the pretty peasant" a smooth chuckle left his lips with her observation, the sound made a chill run down her spine. she scolded herself for such a reaction from just a stranger she had met two seconds ago.

"Keiji Akaashi" he leaned on the wall opposite from her, his eyes still glued onto her. Akaashi took in every little detail of her, his mind wandering before she spoke again.

"like the royal family of Caspian?" a disgusted expression made its way onto her pretty face, another chuckle left him.

"don't mix me in with those people, i'm simply Akaashi from the next kingdom over for you" (y/n) shrugged it off and turned to walk back to the street market.

before she could leave she pulled up her hood and turned back towards Akaashi.

"then i guess i won't be seeing you around Akaashi from the next kingdom over" she sent him a wink and enjoyed the small blush that creeped onto his cheeks. "thanks for the cover though" (y/n) walked back towards the crowded street market.

"i didn't catch your name" she heard him semi shout from behind her, (y/n) felt her lips curve up into a small smile before she turned to walk back to him. she took this as an invitation of friendship. in the small kingdom of Dina (y/n) found herself ignoring most people who tried to befriend her, but she liked the boy with deep teal eyes. there was something about him that intrigued her as she stared into the said eyes.

"(y/n), just (y/n)" she held out her hand to him.

an: yk i love short first chapters, TOTAJBIDI its not like i ran out of ideas or anything anyways this could've been better but- yeah<3