♡ melt away ♡

(Y/N) ran down the vacant school hallway, the tapping sound from her school issued flats could be heard as they echoed off of the creamy white and pastel blue walls. Small sniffles and pants could also be heard, but no one was there to hear them. (Y/N) kept running until she reached her locker, swiftly opening it and grabbing her bag.

She didn't care if she left some of her books in the classroom, she didn't care if it was the middle of the school day, she could care less if the school contacted her parents, they were on a business trip anyways. All (Y/N) wanted to do was to leave. She wanted to leave this school, she wanted to leave all of her responsibilities, she wanted to run away from feeling so broken, run away from what she just saw.

She quickly slipped off her indoor shoes and placed them in her locker. She then slid into her outdoor shoes, tapping the edge of her shoes into the ground to properly fit them, then swiftly turned to the exit. Her head ached, her mouth felt dry, her face was wet. She exited the school, not daring to look back.

(flashback, 30 minutes earlier)

(Y/N) gazed out of the tall window that sat to her left. The early-spring sun still high in the sky, fluffy clouds drifted in the light but vibrant blue heavens. It was when the cherry blossom trees were in full bloom, providing blush pink petals, some of which were flying in the wind, carried by a light breeze. This was (Y/N)'s favorite time of year, aside from allergies, spring felt so refreshing. Especially since it was right after the cold and dark days provided by the winter, and right before the inescapable and melting heat that the summer brought. It was a pity that the spring didn't last long, but that was why (Y/N) always cherished it.

She sighed deeply as she turned back to the front of the classroom, her head feeling refreshed. She didn't mind literature, but after the second half of the year passed, she stopped caring as much. Her teacher dragged on about the importance of writing, and how if done correctly could portray strong emotions onto the reader.

Talk about reading brought back memories of a book that (Y/N) had read once, it was something about how spring was tied to ebullient love, blissful feelings and glory full youth. Spring seemed to melt away the dull feelings and sorrow memories from winter, but sometimes feelings and sorrow should be held onto. The book was quite complex, so (Y/N) didn't really understand it, but nonetheless, it stayed in her thoughts. 

Her teacher moved his attention to the messy stack of papers that decorated his podium after he assigned the class to write a haiku poem describing the moon. (Y/N) was in a good mood recently, thinking about her boyfriend; Nendou. Yes, the Nendou, the "Great Nen-chan", the most attractive boy in school, the only student at PK academy with a fanbase. 

(Y/N) knew that it was risky dating someone so popular with girls, but she trusted him. She knew she was being careless when she said yes to being his girlfriend, but he said he loved her. After all, if she got her heart broken, she knew it'd be her fault, since she was the one who was so desperate to leave the constant feeling of loneliness behind.

(Y/N) stood up from her seat, a slight high pitched squeak emitting from her chair as its metal legs scraped against the smooth, polished cream white floors. (Y/N) waltzed to the front of the classroom, headed for the rather small podium that her teacher was stationed at.

"Uhm, excuse me"

Her literature teacher paused and looked up from his paperwork.

"What do you need"

(Y/N) placed both of her hands behind her back, and started to fidget around with her delicate, slim fingers. (Y/N) wasn't so great at interacting with adults, since she never really initiated talking with them.

"can I go use the bathroom, please?"

Her teacher nodded, and (Y/N) headed out of the classroom. She didn't really need to go, she was just bored. She tended to just stroll down the hallways, and gaze out of the windows large that decorated the walls of PK academy, especially in classes she didn't feel the need to care about.

As she wandered the halls, feeling the warmth provided by the sun's rays, she heard a familiar voice around the corner. She pressed herself against the wall, and peeked around the corner. She froze, she could feel her heart pounding, she could hear its pulse echo through her head. Her eyes started to burn and her vision got a bit blurry, but there he was.

Nendou, her boyfriend, arms wrapped around another girl.

'It couldn't be him' (Y/N) thought. 'He wouldn't, he said he loved me, we were doing fine' she reassured herself. She peeked around the corner again. They were pressed against a wall, faces mere centimeters away, chatting about something. (Y/N) listened close, and heard them talk.

"But Nen-chan, aren't you still with that one girl? That second year? I'd feel bad if she saw"

(Y/N)'s heart dropped. Her hands went cold, she could feel tears threatening to fall.

'No way, it can't be Nendou. We love each other, he said he loves me'

"It's okay, I was planning on leaving her anyway." Nendou chuckled, then he continued.

"I was only with her cause I felt bad"

Their faces inched closer, about to connect, when (Y/N) rounded the corner.

"N-nend..?" Her voice was shaky, about to break. She felt her stomach twist as Nendou turned his head to face her, his eyes widened.

"Oh (Y/N)-chan" He said, his voice turning to his usual high pitched tone halfway through his sentence. He looked down at the girl in his arms, then back to (Y/N).

"It- it isn't what you think it is" He said as he began to unwrap his hands from the girl by his side. (Y/N) felt tears fall from her eyes, rolling down her cheeks, along her jaw, then falling onto the floor.

(Y/N) turned her heel and started to run. She wanted to get away from them. She felt sick to her stomach, her throat ached, cries of sorrow waiting to be released. Nendou reached out to her, but the girl next to him pulled him back.

"Let her be, you guys aren't a thing now anyways" She said.

Nendou gazed at her then put his arms back around her. 'It's not like I was planning on staying with her for any longer anyways' He thought.

Right now, distance was all that mattered to (Y/N). She choked out sobs as she headed to her locker to grab her things.

( Back to the present )

She walked out of the school gates. She was too exhausted, mentally and physically to head home, so she walked into the nearest park, and sat under a large, fully bloomed cherry blossom tree. She'd usually inhale the sweet scents of spring and moist honey dew which laid in the grass, but her nose was too stuffed to smell anything. She dropped her bag onto the spring floor, slid down the trunk of the tree, and hugged her knees as she sobbed into them.

The fragile, glass barrier that held back her sorrow broke, and she let it all out. She didn't understand, did she do something to him to make him stop caring about her? Why didn't he love her anymore? Was she not worthy of affection? She sobbed, her high pitched inhales could probably be heard if you got close enough, but she didn't care anymore. She was distraught, she was devastated, sorrowful emotions so strong it felt like they were wrapped around her throat, trying to choke her. She hugged her knees tighter, her wails becoming muffled.

'I guess your feelings for me melted away too, Nen-chan"