A Helium Balloon

I remember this happened around 5 years ago.

It was i guess Saturday or Sunday since I didn't go to school that day. Though my father bought a Helium Balloon for my brother.

My brother was really happy when he saw the balloon and tied it on his fingers and ran around playing with it.

I just decided to go play with my friends in a park or something and informing my father about it I went downstairs.

While I was walking I found a acquittance of mine and we decided to play together.
Since it was only the two of us we weren't sure what to do so we just went to a park and played on the swings.

Later on my brother came to the park as well, the balloon still tied to his small fingers.

He started playing with us, obviously I was young too and I wanted to play with a balloon too. When I asked my brother to untie it from his finger and give it to me for a while, he straight up said no.

And then started running towards our home, luckily I caught him and asked once again. This time he agreed and gave me that balloon , I played with it for a while and then turned around to return it to him.

I was about to tie it back on his finger when suddenly my grip loosened and the balloon flew away.

I tried to jump and catch it but I wasn't as tall then.

My brother started tearing up. I knew this wasn't a good sign, I was just about to tell him "I'm sorry" but he ran away.

He ran as fast as he could and climbed to the second floor.
I knew what would happen now, I knew my father would scold me.

To me, even though he wasn't a figure to be scared of but this wasn't good. He never did something that could make me feel hurt but that day I knew that he would scold me...

I stood still thinking of all the possibilities when I heard someone call my name.

It was my father, he stood on the second floor's balcony and called my name asking me to come home.

He didn't seem angry but because I had already over thought I was scared to death.

I just ran to the park where my acquittance waited for me to return.

I could still hear my father calling me. The park was really close to our house.

I thought to just go and say I'm sorry but something kept on holding me back.

It was until I heard footsteps coming down. I knew who it was, it was my dad.

He picked up a peace of wood lying around and came to me with a really angry expression on his face.

I didn't think that if I just didn't go I would be beaten. I stood up and started saying " I'm sorry"
"Please papa, forgive me"

I realised soon that he just took the piece of wood to scare me, not to actually beat me. But I still remember how badly I was scolded.

I remember he told me that he wasn't mad because I accidentally let go of the balloon but he was mad because even after he called me many times, I didn't come.

I learnt that day that it's better to face whatever has to come because if we keep ignoring it, the outcome might even get worse.