22. Backfired

"Well then Lucy what are you doing here with Oswald?"

"I said only my friends call me that. And you are not my friend!" I shouted.

He pointed the gun at me once more.

"Do it. I dare you." I growled at him. I knew I wouldn't die by just a couple of bullet shots. After all I heal very quickly or so I had learned.

"No! DONT!" Oswald shouted.

"What is your name?" I asked casually walking up to the man.

"Oh where are my manners? I'm Edward Nygma, But you can call me The Riddler." He said.

I nearly laughed. But then I thought on it. And my laughed disappeared. It was actually kind of catchy.

I was still walking toward him.I grabbed the hand that was holding the gun. He looked amused. I think he was waiting to see exactly what I'd do.

"If you're going to kill someone, kill me." I said now having the barrel of the gun right at my head. "You can always go for the head. After all that's where one's intellect is from."

He looked at me with a grin.

I moved the gun down from my head to my chest.

"Or my heart, where my emotions are and my heart beats."

Then I proceeded to move it to my stomach.

"Or my stomach, where I may die a horrible death and bleed out. But that's too much of a mess. Don't you agree?"

Then I moved it to point at my kneecap.

"Or my knees where I'll never walk again."

Then I moved it down to point at my feet and the floor.

"Or you can save everyone here a lot of pain. And just put the gun down." I said. His grin disappeared and he removed his hand from my grasp. He took a step back. And aimed it back at Oswald.

I stepped in his way again.

"I am not less than what I seem, but I am not one. I am many if not a ton. What am I?"

"More than one." I answered. "I know you have more than one bullet. But by the time I'm done you'll only have one bullet left to kill the threat."

He looked at me confused. I laughed at him. And thought of a cheetah's agility.

Suddenly I was running just as fast as a cheetah and he couldn't possibly hope to catch me. He began shooting at me.

I had noticed the type of gun he was using and knew for a fact it only had 6 rounds.

I was counting he had already used four of them. He has two left. I was hidden now, and I turned into a lion.
I got out of hiding and leaped at him he shot at me. As I landed on him. He fired his last round. I sunk my claws in his suit and kept him on the floor as I shifted back.

"Oswald? A little help?" I said.

"Oh yes! Of course!" He said and limped toward me and grabbed a gun from somewhere else. And pointed it at Edward Nygma as I got up and off of him. "Henson call Zsasz."

"Yes of course sir." Said the butler who had just come out of hiding.

I felt a pain in my stomach. I removed my hand from my stomach and looks at it. It was covered in blood.

"Oh shit." I said. "Umm Oswald?"

I whimpered. He looked up.

"Oh god..." he said with concern in his voice.

"Do.. do you have a first aid kit?" I started to sway. I heal fast but this is seriously not as fast as I thought it'd be.

"Y-Yes! HENSON!" He yelled

When the butler came back in the room he held a first aid kit. That was the last thing I saw before my head hit the floor and I lost consciousness.