A Lawyer's Pain (Part 1)

Karrueche

Everything was good three months ago. He bought me flowers, came to my office almost everyday to bring me lunch, even rubbed my feet without me asking. The way he would touch me. The way he held me. The way he used to be. I use to feel love, joy, happiness around him. Now all I feel is pain and bruises and betrayal. His name is Terrance and he is not the man o fell in love with.

Last Night

I arrived to the house a little late since I had to spend a couple more minutes getting Chris's statements together. I sighed to myself lowly as I saw empty bottles of liquor scattered across the room. Not again.

"Koochie you home?" he slurred while stumbling down the steps.

I rolled my eyes in disgust, "Please don't call me that Terrance. That's not my name."

He gripped my neck and pulled me close, "I don't give a damn what yo name is! Why you late?!" I struggled to breath as his grip grew tighter.

"You're hurting me baby. I'm sorry. P p please. I'll make I I it up to you." I rested my hand on his side and my other on his face to relax him. He slowly let go causing me to collapse and gasp for air.

"You were with that nigga huh? You always at that jail now. Like you want that nigga. You come back smiling hard and shit. Telling ya friends how he cracks jokes and makes you feel good. You like him?! You wanna be with him Now? YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE ME! You are my property for life." He paused to laugh before proceeding. "Its cool tho.  After tonight all that shit will change. On your knees now!" he demanded after slapping me hard. Tears streamed down my face as I got off the floor and tried to make a run for the door.

It was no use. I slid down the wall slowly as tears fell from my face like water from a waterfall. I was powerless. Nothing. Nobody.

Blow after blow came in contact with my face.

I took the pain.

I swallowed the blood and salty tears.

I took the torture until I could no longer see. My vision was blurry. All I could see was death.

Black

                                        The next morning

I was gonna be a little late today. I had to take care of my face. The black eye was huge but it was nothing a boat load of foundation couldn't handle. In the corner of my eye I could see Terrance enter the bathroom and wrap his arms around me.

"Damn I fucked you up last night." I stayed silent as he kissed my cheek which was still swollen. "You got work today?". I nodded my head as I gently placed my sunglasses over my face and gripped my purse. I Couldn't leave until he was done talking. That was a rule. Never walk away when he is talking or shit would get ugly.

"Aight. Be home early tonight. We gotta celebrate your last day of work"

I nodded my head again and started to walk out.

"Hey bitch. Where's my kiss?!" he called after me.

I walked back slowly so it wouldn't look like I was charging at him and pecked his crusty ugly lips. I will kill him one day. I swear.

Chris

It's 12:30 and Karrueche still isn't here. I hope everything's alright. Lately she's been coming with shades on her face or wears a lot of long extra clothes. I was getting worried. I don't know much about women but I know something's wrong. I hope I'm not out of my place if I ask what's going on. I really care about her and I actually kinda have feelings for her but I'd never tell her. She's way out of my league.

After about 20 minutes the guard finally told me to head on to the visitors room.

When I walked in she was sitting at the table with her usual items but she wasn't reading them like she usually does. She was just sitting there staring behind her glasses watching my every move like she was afraid of something. Probably me.

"Um wassup," I sat down.

"Chris I can't work your case anymore."

"What? Why not?! Things were going good. The case is almost finished. My trial is coming up. What the fuck?!" I tried no to scream but my blood was boiling.

She just sat there with her head down. Tears slowly began to roll down her face. My face immediately softened.

"Karrueche." I touched her hand gently only for her to move away.

Nothing

"Fuckin say somethin damn! Give me a reason why!"

I demanded an answer.

She finally said, "I'm in love with you Chris."

                               To be continued

5+ comments
15+ votes