2~Millionaires

Run- AWOLNATION

"Push me higher, Nana!" Soren's little voice yelled, a giggle at the back of his throat.

He and his older sister, Lennon, were currently playing in the park in the backyard of their mansion. The Brown family was one of the richest families in the state, so the two children had always lived their lives quite lavishly. That includes the legitimate playground they had in the back of their house.

"Okay Soren, but you have to promise me that you won't cry like last time," Lennon said. She was babysitting him for the evening, seeing as both of their parents had to attend a very important meeting two towns over.

It wasn't new for Lennon to babysit her baby brother. As soon as she turned thirteen, her parents fired their babysitter and made her take care of her brother. It's been almost two years since then and Lennon hasn't complained one bit. Soren was quite mature for a six-year-old boy, not to mention the fact that she loved to hang out with her little brother anyway.

Lennon was about to push her brother harder on the swings when she heard the sound of tires on gravel. She stopped her brother's swing and told him to go and play in the sandbox. She went over to the bushes that concealed the backyard from the rest of the world and peeked through the leaves. She was curious as to who would be driving up their driveway since her parents weren't supposed to be back until late that night.

Who are these guys? Lennon thought curiously, her hazel eyes examining the large black SUVs pulling into her driveway. She narrowed her eyes in suspicion when she saw several men and women with large guns and bullet vests hopping out of the car. She quickly moved away from the bushes before anyone could spot her and made her way towards the back door that led into the kitchen. She looked through the glass and gasped when she saw the people in black rummaging through the first floor of her house.

Immediately, she sprang into action. You see, Lennon and Soren weren't normal children. Sure, their parents were millionaires and could buy them whatever they wanted, but there's something else. Lennon and Soren had strange... "abilities". Although Lennon looked like your average fourteen-year-old girl; golden brown hair, caramel complexion, round hazel eyes, pouty lips, slim face, and athletic figure-- she could change what state of matter her body was: gas, liquid, solid, and plasma.

Soren also had an odd ability, but not the same one as his older sister (even though he looks just like her except with grey eyes and chubbier cheeks). Soren could multiply his physical and mental strength by his age. Since he was six-years-old, he could only multiply his speed by six times his fastest speed. He could multiply more than just one physical or mental trait, it just put more stress onto his body and caused him to burn out quicker.

When Lennon and Soren's parents realized how peculiar their children were, they immediately signed them up for self-defense classes and implemented an emergency plan in case anyone found out about them. Because of this, Lennon knew exactly what to do. She quickly dispersed her molecules to become gas and slipped through the crack in the door. She floated all the way up to her room on the third floor; the only floor that the people hadn't made their way to yet. She condensed her molecules back into her normal state and ran into her room. As carefully and quietly as she could, Lennon pulled out the emergency backpacks that had all the necessities she and her brother could need for a quick getaway. She pulled on her backpack and was about to climb out of her window to climb down the tree outside.

"Hey! Stop right there!" a deep voice yelled.

Lennon gasped in fear and snapped her head back to the person who spoke. By their build and pitch of the voice, she could tell that it was a man who was pointing a gun in her direction. She quickly pushed open her window and jumped off the ledge. As she was falling, she turned her body into liquid and splashed onto the ground. She quickly condensed back into her human form and sprinted into the backyard.