Chapter 4| The prince

*Thud*
.
.
.
Dream's POV
I woke up immediately feeling an immense pain coming from my chest. My whole body was disturbed and panicked from that awful nightmare. Just when I thought I could all let it go.

My breathing was slowly catching its rhythmic pace again as I sat there trying to process everything that just happened inside that foolish nightmare.

I just woke up with cold perspiration yet the air wrapped around me is very warm due to the sunlight covering the exterior part of the carriage. Hm.. it could've been worse right?

My worries began to fade away slowly after realizing that I can't feel any sense of movement around me. Guess we're already here

My attention abruptly turned to the muffling sounds coming from nearby.

Debating on whether I should listen or not I let my curiosity take over my body. I sticked my head out the curtains to peek and listen to what seems to be a conversation.

In between their talk, My eyes stumbled upon something odd. That is a black eyed knight and he is talking to a red eyed citizen..?

Wait, I thought the kingdom of Ruth was the only kingdom who had black eyed knight? Was it just rumors all along? Did they... lie?

I felt a huge hole growing out of my stomach, a small feeling of ache and uneasiness was slowly eating me alive.

I clenched my stomach and my instincts was already going haywire. I need to get out of here.

I pushed the boxes aside while being very cautious. I pressed my lips together and made my body light. One wrong move and the carriage might wobble.

I threw the bag that I stole with all the colorful jewels and antiques outside the carriage and sticked my body out first using my arms as a support.

I slowly slid myself out of the carriage and released a slight sigh of relief once I got out.

For a very long time, my feet finally met the feeling of the ticklish grass again. But it felt very soaked and cold. It must've rained...

I felt shivers crawling through my entire body. The climate seemed to has drop down cold all of a sudden.

I directed my head upwards and gaped at the sky for a brief moment. There were no signs of clouds nearby, so It made it hard for me to tell if it was gonna rain.

I stayed quiet and held both of my arms rubbing it with both of my palms. It didn't really help me that much since my body wouldn't stop trembling.

Well I do look like I'm a homeless child.. which is half true and half not? Not important. I need clothes or I'll freeze to death

Sighing to myself, I gave in and resorted to my last option. I turned around to face the carriage again. God I hate stealing but I don't have any choices left..

I reached out to the nearest boxes from the outside, hoping I could find something warm and cozy to wear in one of the boxes.

My eyes lit up when I saw a green jacket nicely folded in one of the boxes. I smiled and as I lifted the jacket I saw a pair of brown leather boots underneath it. Just my luck

I wore the jacket and to my surprise it felt very warm inside, it was coated with fur. I happily smiled to myself again.

My body was rapidly getting used to the warmth of the jacket and began to ease off again.