Chapter 8: Gold Clan's Functions

"Would you really have killed the guy?" Kiba asked, surprised by the words that the blonde said.

"Yes I would. However, he could be a good source of information." Aya explained as she walked over to the group.

"But you literally threw the guy out the window. We're on the 100th floor, he's probably already dead." Choji said.

"Ah yeah that's true. But, I had an Usagai catch him before he could hit the floor. We're meeting him on the 78th floor, where we interrogate our...... convicts, I guess you could call them." Aya said as she along with Yashiro and the two Usagai from before followed her to the elevator. "Are you coming?"

Once they got to the 78th floor the shinobi saw it was pretty dark but not that dark, just dim. Aya took out a key and walked into a room that said ^12{ after unlocking it and told them to enter the room that said >+< on it. They didn't know what it meant but nodded anyway. When they walked in they saw a one-way mirror and a desk in front of it looking into the room. There were 2 Usagai in there  sitting in the chairs. The rest stood behind them looking as Aya sat down in front of the guy she threw out the window.

"Who are you and what do you belong to?" Aya asked seriously after crossing her arms and leaning back into her chair.

"I don't have to tell you anything." he said. "You literally threw me out a window, I could stay silent all I want."

"Really?" Aya said calmly. "So, you aren't a member of Jungle? I'm guessing it was a mission to break into Mihashira tower." Aya continued.

"How how do you know that?" the guy stuttered.

"You know it's very rude to interrupt a funeral. I could have let you die by being thrown out the window but I had one of my workers catch you. You did fall unconscious out of fear half way though." Aya said boredly.

"If she knows the answer to the questions then why does she ask?" Ino asked, confused at her friend's action.

"That's the thing, she doesn't know the answer." Yashiro said, the others replied with a 'hah'. "She's guessing. She's always been a good guesser, that's why it's hard to lie to her. She's asking the questions to confirm her theory and or guess. The way he reacts is all the answers she needs."

"But why does she have to interrogate the so-called 'Convicts'? Why not just have an Usagai do it?" Asuma asked.

"Usagai don't talk aloud in public. It's the way the Gold Clan works or Functions or Operates. All mean the same thing, she interrogates them and the Usagai write it down. The Gold Clan mostly specializes in information gathering but it doesn't mean they can't fight. Each clan has their own specialty. More on that later." Yashiro explained.

"Tell me, how long have you been in Jungle? You seem like you're on a pretty high level." Aya asked as an Usagai walked in, putting a coffee in front of her. Then he walked out.

"What do you mean? I just started out. I'm at a high level because I'm a gamer, so it was easy to pass the missions or challenges that were given." he explained.

"Another thing. You never gave me your name. I'm General Kimiya." Aya introduced herself.

"What does that mean?" Kurenai asked. The others nodded at that. They assumed it was a rank as there were only 5 ranks in their world.

"It's the highest rank here. She can't say queen because this guy doesn't know about kings and clans. The lowest rank would be Private First class. The rank is given to new members of the Gold clan. Since there are only 2 members in my clan we don't really have ranks. The second highest rank would be Lieutenant General. Only two Usagai have that rank though and they are right here." Yashiro explained jestering to the two Usagai in front of him.

"My name is Storm. Or that's just a code name I guess. It's actually a nickname my parents and friends gave me. My actual name is Daichi." the boy, Daichi, said.

"I see. Alright then, we'll be keeping you here in Mihashira tower for a while. After that we'll let you go. That will only happen if you give all the information you have." Aya said and walked out of the room. Two Usagai walked in, taking Daichi out of the room.