Chapter 1 ~ First Day, Second Year

Chapter 1

Daisy woke up with a yawn, sitting up in her bed to look around her room, which was decorated in pro hero posters and pictures. She lazily slid off the top bunk, landing on her feet (barely) as she stumbled over to her closet. She got her uniform out and headed to the bathroom to start her daily routine she'd have to start getting used to. Why must she get used to a routine you ask? Well that's because today would mark the first day of her second year of high school at UA. Daisy finished in the bathroom and stepped out back into her room to do her hair and such. Just as she had finished brushing her hair and was putting it into a high-ish ponytail she head a knock on her door. "Come in" She said as she finished her hair and grabbed her back-pack and in walked her mom. "Daisy, Akaashi's here to go to school, head down soon okay?" Her mom said with a sweet smile. "Alright momma, I'll be right down. Thanks!" Her mom nodded and headed back downstairs. Daisy did took one last look in the mirror, smiled, and headed down to meet with her beloved boyfriend~. "Morning Momma!" She said as she gave her mom a quick kiss on the cheek. "What about me?" Akaashi jokingly said as he stood up from the counter where he was sitting. Daisy rolled her eyes and smiled, giving her boyfriend a quick peck on the cheek. "Good morning to you too brat." "Good morning." Daisy quickly packed her lunch, ate her breakfast and was getting ready to leave. "Did dad already leave?" Daisy asked her mom as she was putting on her shoes. Her mom nodded, "Yes, he said he wanted to get an early start." Daisy was a little disappointed, before it quickly changed into indifference. Daisy changed the frown on her face into a smile as she shrugged. "No big shock there I guess. Oh well, I'll see you later momma. Bye!" She slipped on her blazer as Akaashi opened the door and stepped outside onto the porch. "Bye you two! And have a good first day!" They both waved bye and started their fairly short walk to school. "Hey, are you really okay with not getting to see your dad before we left? We could probably call him if you really wanted to." Akaashi said as he held his girl friend's hand, looking over to make sure she was okay. Daisy smiled to herself as she squeezed his hand and looked at him before looking forward. "Yeah, I'm okay. I guess I expected it anyways. I mean, he's never really been one to send me off on my first day...or any day for that matter. And we don't have to, I don't think he'd pick up anyways." Akaashi just nodded as he looked ahead. Akaashi and Daisy were fairly similar. They were both quiet, smart, loved hero's and they both had a quick wit. But the one thing that had made them closer than ever had been their mutual daddy issues. Daisy Hakamata. The youngest child of the Fiber hero Best Jeanist. And Keiji Akaashi-Kayama. Son of the Somnambulist hero Midnight and the Erasure hero Eraserhead. Neither one were close to their fathers, in fact they had some...issues with them. Daisy and her father were never really close, since she was a surprise as her mother had put it and the youngest of six by eleven years, she wasn't always the first priority. She and her father also didn't exactly see eye to eye all the time, and when she decided to be a hero...well it did anything except to fix the growing rift between the two. Akaashi also had a rough relationship with his father. He had been another surprise to his two very unexpecting parents, both of which were not ready to be parents. And after several arguments Aizawa decided he did not want to be present beyond child support, and as Akaashi grew older, he noticed. So, when it came time for him and Daisy to be in class 1-A where he was the homeroom teacher. Well, there were some...issues.

*Flashback to start of first year.*

Daisy sighed flopping back onto her top-bunk as Akaashi took the one below her. They had both gotten back from their last day of summer vacation, spent just enjoying the day before they started at a new school. At the one and only UA high school for heroes. "OH! Keiji! Have you opened your letter from UA yet? The one where it tells us our teachers and stuff?" She heard a sigh from below her as the bed shifted, Akaashi standing up and going to his backpack to get his envelope his mother had handed him on his way out of the door. "No, not yet. Have you?" Daisy shook her head and Akaashi handed her the envelope she had on her desk, also yet to be opened. He hopped up on the top bunk beside her and they both opened the envelopes. Daisy looked over her paper before stopping. She quickly looked over to her boyfriend to see his eyes widened and his hands shaking as he clenched the paper in his hands. "Hey, Keiji, are you okay?" He let out a deep breath before darkly chuckling and shaking his head. "Yeah...yeah I'm fine. It's ironic, isn't it? He spends the first fifteen years of my life avoiding me and now he has to teach me how to be a hero. Great." Daisy gently moved closer to him, laying his head on her shoulder and running her hands through his hair. "It's his loss. You've turned out into a polite, smart and capable soon-to-be-hero. And not to mention an amazing best friend and boyfriend." He slightly laughed as he nuzzled into her more, loosely wrapping his arms around her. "Thank you...well, I suppose it could be worse." Daisy looked down to her boyfriend of now two years and smiled. "Oh yeah?" "Yeah, we could have been in different classes." Daisy laughed, "Well, seeing as we were two out of three recommended students and we all made it into 1-A? I didn't think it was pretty likely." He laughed as he nodded his head. "Hey, speaking of which, did you ever find out who recommended you? Zashi recommended me." Daisy shook her head as a frown formed on her face. "No, I asked Kita and he said he knew, but the brat didn't wanna tell me. He said it was 'a surprise~'"