Chapter 9 Regret

Menma, Mito, Sasuke, Sai, Sakura, Kakashi and Kushina arrived in front of Konohas' gate. They were greeted by Izumo and Kotetsu, Konohas' gate keepers. Izumo and Ketetsu also doesn't hate Naruto and often helps Naruto plays pranks sometimes and Naruto knows they don't hate him and see him as a friend. Izumo and Kotetsu were confused that their favorite prankster wasn't there, they were going to celebrate Naruto getting his first C-rank missions by playing some pranks with him. Kotetsu gathered his courage and asked the 2 teams, "Where's Naruto?" The 2 teams started crying, Izumo and Kotetsu were shocked that even the Uzumaki-Namikazes were crying but they didn't say anything and just let them in Konoha. When the 2 teams entered the Hokage office, Minato had a confused look because he realized Naruto wasn't there, wait, ....why did he only notice Naruto now? The Uzumaki-Namikazes went back to their house after telling Minato that Naruto left with another person that Naruto claims as his REAL older big brother and the man also claims Naruto is his younger brother. After Mito and Menma put their things away they went to tell their friends what happened to naruto. Minato and Kushina immediately went to search for things that had Naruto in it or belonged to Naruto. They went upstairs to go to his room but then realized they didn't know where his room was, they only found Menma, Mitos' and their own room but not the blondies' room. They finally went to the attic and realized Naruto was living there in a poor condition while they spoiled their other children. They tried to look for things that belonged to Naruto but only found a few pairs of clothes and a few shinobi supplies but nothing else, they tried search Menma and Mitos' rooms because maybe, Naruto might have played with them and left his stuff there(who are they kidding?), there was no luck, all they found was some toys, nice clothes and cool stuff, Naruto had nothing like these so it was easy to tell the difference, Kushina and Minato were saddened by this, they've been giving Menma and Mito things but not Naruto. The 2 parents were still desperate so Kushina and Minato started searching for their family album. They finally found it and held it in front of them.

"Here goes, hopefully there's at least a picture of the whole family together. That means Naruto too." said Kushin.

"Yeah, hopefully he's in one of our family photos we have taken." said Minato.

They opened their family album and saw lots of pictures of Menma and Mito, there were pictures of them going on holidays and their birthday which the 2 parents were saddened by since Naruto wasn't in them and he never received a present from them, they forgot his birthday even though it was on the same day as Menma and Mito. The 2 parents found many family photos but Naruto wasn't in any. In fact, the only picture they had of him were when he was a baby. They then tried to find videos that they filmed of their children and there wasn't any of Narutos'. They weren't there for him when he first walked or talked...they were never there. Kushina told Minato about what they did together with Naruto, they spent time with him and grew to love him when they were on a mission in the Land of waves. A few weeks later, the Uzumaki-Namikazes where really regretting that they had ignored Naruto, they were deeply saddened he was gone even though they never realized he was there. The people who hated him were cheering at first but then realized how wrong they were and started praying he would came back and this time, they would treat him with the respect he deserves. The children who bullied him and avoided him were full of regret as well. Konoha tried to get alliance from the Land of waves so they would get shipments and trades but the Land of waves refused because Naruto allowed Inari to tell the others and the everyone loved him there in the Land of waves, he helped with the food supplies so they won't be hungry anymore and the children were really angry since he played with them and helped them. Izumo and Kotetsu left the Leaf after Minato announced what happened and Konoha lost 2 great shinobis and gate keepers. Konoha was slowly regretting how they treated the blonde Jinchuriki in the past.

"Mummy, Daddy." said Mito.

"Yes Mito dear?" asked Kushina.

"Why did otouto call someone else nii-san? Plus now I recall it, he never called us nii-san or nee-cahn, he called us by our names. He didn't call you mother either mummy. " said Mito. Kushina and Minato were both sweat dropping but they knew they couldn't loose Naruto now.

"Because he probably hypnotized him to believe it was true or because....we neglected him....and, he used it as a chance to get him." said Kushin. Minato nodded his head to play along.

"Oh......I feel bad for neglecting him." said Mito with her head down.

"Don't worry, we'll find him and bring him back. When we do, we'll give him the love he deserves." said Minato.

"Yeah! I'll be the best big brother! We'll get him back." said Menma determined to get Naruto back and believing his parents' lie.

"Mhm." said Mito.

To be continued...

________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading this story.

!DISCLAIMAER: Naruto does not belong to me!