Chapter 14: Burnt Banner

•º•º•º•º•º•º•º•º•ºNormal POVº•º•º•º•º•º•º•º•º•

 Since Lucy's father entered from the front door a tense aura has filled the room. Any wrong move and something bad might happen. Everyone was quiet, at first you could hear Lucy scowling but then it got quiet once again. Jude still in a bowing position staring intently at the ground waiting for a response. Erza giving death glares at the bowing Jude. Levy giving suspicious looks at Lucy's father.

 Lastly, Mirajane totally confused. All of them exchanging glances at Lucy or her brother, Luke. Lucy's father stood up straight and looked at Lucy's friends with a hint of guilt in his eyes. He turned to face Lucy, who was speechless. He walked over to her and whispered something to her. Jude then bid his farewells and left to who knows where.

•º•º•º•º•º•º•º•º•ºLucy's POVº•º•º•º•º•º•º•º•º•

 Now I am all calmed down. After my father left I was angry, I couldn't control myself. My brother made me calm down. Though, Erza and Levy were asking like crazy so that didn't help. Right now I am so stressed that I think I should go outside and think. I do think I overreacted, but the fact that he called my friends 'flies' made me want to make him take that back.

 I told my friends to leave. They disagreed, but after a while they decided to do so. I am here with Luke, Sting and Rogue. My brother kept telling me that I should go to college the first day. I kept disagreeing with him, but he kept insisting. He said it could make me keep my mind off things at home.

"Go to college!" Luke yelled. "No." I simply replied. "It'll make you keep your mind off problems at home! Plus, what are you accomplishing by not going?!" Luke said. 

"Fine!" I said. "If you say so..."

My brother gave a relieved smiled and I gave him one as well. Since I was ignoring Rogue and Sting I decided to talk to them. I feel bad for kicking Erza, Mira and Levy-chan out but I didn't feel like being questioned right now.

"So, Sting and Rogue why didn't you come earlier?" I asked them raising an eyebrow with my hands on my hips. Sting was sweating a lot and Rogue looked away not wanting to answer. I frowned at their actions. "It's fine if you don't tell me... I am sure you had a reason. I am just glad you guys are here now." I said relieved.

 Sting and Rogue smiled with a hint of pink on their cheeks. I blinked and the pink wasn't there anymore. Maybe I was just imagining things. 

 "We are sorry..." Sting said looking at the floor. "For what?" I said looking at him with an eyebrow raised. "For not coming earlier?" Rogue said hesitantly. I nodded stiffly. "I don't mind at all." I said with a cheery smile which they happily smiled back.

 *Time Skip: Nighttime*

 I am tired now. I should get some sleep but I am all ready and excited to go to Fiore University! Sting and Rogue left about an hour ago and I just talked with Luke until he said he would take a nap. Three more days and college should start. I really hope it gets better there. Though, I already know it will since I already got some good friends. I slowly started drifting into sleep while thinking about how my first day of school would be.

*Lucy's Dream*

 I looked to see I fell asleep in the middle of class. Everyone was looking at me, their faces were blurred. It was definitely creepy. I looked in front with wide eyes to pretend I was awake. The teacher also didn't have a face since it was blurry, but I could clearly see his expression which was mad? I stood up and ran out of the classroom. I ran by the hallways and I touched my cheeks to see they were wet. Meaning I was crying. I was running from a guy? The guy was calling for me, not by my name. Not sure. It was far away so I couldn't make up what he was saying. I stopped and saw three guys, no expressions. It was all in slow motion.