1. Holding A Grudge (+)

The Last Chimera

Asher laid splayed out on her bed, sound asleep with Brett next to her and his arm gripped tightly around her waist, the events from the night before having taken a huge toll on her mind and body. Every moment played in her mind as a nightmare, almost like a movie repeating itself over and over again.

It was as though Theo had plagued her mind and had caused all the nightmares. He was part of the reason she, Liam and Hayden had been taken by the Dread Doctors in the first place, and he had tried to kill Scott. Hell, he was almost the whole reason why the Dread Doctors were in Beacon Hills in the first place.

Asher had a pure hatred for him and overtime he managed to wedge his was into her mind. All she wanted to do was rip his throat out with her teeth.

She suddenly shot up in her bed as the nightmare of her being held captive in the Dread Doctors theatre had been playing. The scalpel had been cutting into her flesh non-stop, but when they cut deeper it caused her to scream out in pain and she managed to wake herself up. Her breathing was uneven and rapid while sweat also soaked her forehead. A dip in the bed caused her body to stiffen up, but when Brett's arm re-wrapped around her waist and his hand was placed on her shoulder she felt herself relax a little.

"Hey," Brett cooed. "Was it a nightmare?"

She nodded in response, shivering as the cool night air hit the top half of her body. "Yea."

"Wanna talk about it?"

Her mouth didn't open for a few seconds and she debated it in her head, but then decided to tell him to get the weight off her shoulders.

"I was in the Dread Doctors theatre," she mumbled.

Brett shifted on the bed so he could sit up properly, although he was slightly surprised that Asher had finally decided to talk him about the whole ordeal.

"When they took you?"

"Yea," she mumbled once again, keeping her gaze on her lap and not looking Brett in the eyes for a single second. "They kept cutting me open with a scalpel. It went on for hours and all I could hear was my screams. It felt like they were ripping me apart layer by layer and kept cutting deeper which only made the pain worse."

"Wait," Brett said with furrowed brows. "Was this in the dream or did it actually happen?"

Asher gulped and she gazed up to Brett with her bottom lip quivering as the air around them became thick with the tension.

"Both."

⟼⟼⟼⟻⟻⟻

By the time morning had rolled around Asher had barely slept half an hour after waking from her nightmare. Brett being next to her had helped calm her anxiety and not get so lost in her own thoughts, but it hadn't helped with the sleeping side of things.

After Brett had woken up they had and spent a few hours together, but he was soon forced to go home to check on Lori since he hadn't seen her in a couple days which left Asher sitting alone in her room. The movie 'Rise of the Guardians' playing through her laptop was keeping her distracted from everything in her mind as well as the ache that had settled in her body from fighting Theo.