A Genuine Smile

● 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐕𝐢𝐞𝐰

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof.
Yes, you got it right! I'm a dog. Wait what? I AM CLOUD. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I didn't mean the ones you see in the sky! You're dumber than me if you thought so (I'm kidding, okay!). No, oh I meant to say I'm a dog lover and my name is Cloud! I am not the biggest fan of my name but then again it was chosen by my favorite person in the whole eternity-- my mom. But yeah, I don't have any nickname at all. Because I don't have any friend! Ha-ha. But whatever.

I am 18 now and I still can't get over this very horrible habit of mine. So whenever I'm nervous I keep doing something messy just like what I'm doing right NOW. YES, YOU GOT IT RIGHT... again. I'm giggling like a cat would. I mean did we ever hear a cat giggle or laugh? No, most likely not. But that's what I think is weird between cats and human.

All they do is meow, and all they understand is meow. Looking into it, a cat never copied a human but a human? Well, not just one but probably 99.9% of them loves to copy others, and cat is on the top of the list. Obviously. And I'm not ashamed in any way to say that I'm one of the "copy humans" too.

I was literally saying Meow and I didn't even know my seat mate was looking at me with-- what should I call it? Horrified eyes? Ahm.. Well, I won't disagree. I knew I messed it up! I then tried to get myself out of my nervousness and stop making all sorts of weird faces you can't even imagine.

I was trying to make some conversation with her but gosh, I couldn't even do one thing right.
"Do you like Winnie the Pooh?" Oh, now I don't know why and how I asked that. She just stared at me and slightly shook her head. Woof, so she doesn't like that character. And then I kept asking her all the "unacceptable" questions that no one in history probably asked.

"Did you watch the movie Little Woman?"

Nods.

"Okay.. Do you like Mr. Bean? Oh what a funny man he is, I absolutely love him!"

Nods.

"Oh-kayyy, do you like tacos? Oh man, I love them. I actually eat one each day. Well, I try to. But Laura stops me from eating it if she's awake."

Nothing.

"Oh Laura.. She's my mom. Well, at least that's what I think of her. She takes care of me. She's a lovely lady."

I realised, I was blabbering again.

She nods this time.

And then realization dawned upon me that I forgot to ask her the question that I should have asked her first thing before anything else!

"I'm sorry that I forgot to ask your name.."

She writes Jasmine on her pad.

Jasmine? Well, that's what came to my mind when I first came near her. She smelled like jasmines.

"Pretty name you got!"

She smiles. I saw something genuine in her smile. Nobody smiled to me with that genuineness in it ever since my mom left the world, left me. Actually no one can feel how painful it is to lose someone who loved you more than anything else unless they do.

I smiled back and asked her something very stupid. "Can I call you mine?"
Huh, now I got myself in trouble. I mentally slapped myself.

She looked at me like I was a ghost. I couldn't help but laugh sheepishly. That made the situation even more awkward. How embarrassing!

I took her phone from her desk and saved her number so that I can text her to make the conversations easier. Huh, at least one thing I did right!

She still had the same expression on her face and I tried to type in, "Don't get scared. I'm sorry. Everyone must call you Jas so I thought why not call you Mine instead of Jas?" as quick as I possibly can.

She then laughed like it was the worst joke ever. I mean who wouldn't? I know I'm stupid, but when I'm nervous I am more than that. She nodded her head and I jumped like a 5 year old would after getting a candy. I even gone all the way out and saved her number as Mine. She looked at my phone and started laughing with her hand covering her mouth. Wow, I didn't know I was this funny.

She then saved my number as C ur LOUD.

What? I mean-- wait was I really loud?

I put my hand on my heart and tried to pretend to be hurt but she couldn't stop laughing and seeing her cute smile, I can't help laughing along with her.

This was a good day so far. Not just good but better than I expected it to be.

And for once, I thought my "secrets" won't have to keep being that way anymore. Probably I found a friend? Probably my secrets found a friend to talk all their heart out with? A friend-- who is truly a friend.