CHAPTER 8

Chapter 8

It was in the peaceful afternoon, Myōi Akira and Myōi Mina, two of the renowned corporate figures were taking their time to enjoy a cup or two of green tea surrounded by the green garden view of the Chou's estate. The orange rays from afar indicated that the evening will come and the darkness was creeping slowly with the night.

The two silently sat in their chairs, enjoying the calm green tea fragrance while they sometimes slowly sipping from the traditional ceramic cups made by an old time artist.

Putting down the cup in hand, Akira gently took his daughter's hand, the warmness from the touch showing how much Akira loved his daughter. Ever since he had lost his wife years ago when she was giving birth to his daughter, Mina has had a special place in his heart. To him, Mina was all he had left in this world to remember his wife; no other woman could ever fill her place.

Now, will be searching for her own life, her own world, her own love, her own joy and reason to live. His reason has already been founded, and for that reason now staring back at him with a facade he well verse in them. Behind that facade, he knew Mina was confused with so many questions in her mind.

"Mina..." Akira began. "Do you love Chaeyoung-san?"

"Otou-sama... ermmm, well..." Mina was feeling nervous at the sudden emotional question.

"Tell me honestly, my daughter. Do you love her?" Her father pressed the question

The tone of her father made Mina realise that her father is very serious about it. Looking straight at her father, Mina answered what she felt all this time about Chaeyoung. "Otou-sama. I love her. I'm in love with her."

A moment's silence passed before Akira let go of Mina's hand as he stood up and walked a few steps while looking ahead, far into the distance. Worried of her father, Mina decided to join him. "Otou-sama...Is there something wrong?"

He remained silent before he answered solemnly. "No...No, Mina . Nothing is wrong. Yesterday..." Akira hands clasped behind him as he closed his eyes. Maybe he was seeking the strength to continue. "...at the Chou's Family meeting, I was summoned by them. That is, too clarify about the arrangement between Ren and me. About you and Chaeyoung." Akira then turned towards Mina and looked straight at his daughter. "Before Ren died, he also mention about the wedding between Chaeyoung and you. I had agreed with him and I had promised him."

With the news from her father, Mina didn't know whether she should feel joy or sadness. Part of her felt happiness and joy, but a silent, distance part of her felt sadness and loneliness. About what, she didn't know.

"Yesterday, they also mentioned the terms and condition for your marriage. As Chaeyoung-san is an adopted daughter of the Chou, she will have twenty percent of the Chou's Group shares while her sister, Tzuyu-san will have forty percent. Most of Chaeyoung-san's share is in the Asia Branches, which include Japan's Branch. But..."

Walking back to his seat, Akira sipped his warm tea. "With what given to Chaeyoung-san, she is now dismissed from the Chou's Family"

"Eh...what does that mean, Otou-sama?" Mina raised her brows; her confusion was now evident on her white porcelain face.

"That means, Chaeyoung-san is not a Chou anymore." Her father explained simply.