Prologue

Shattered windows. Doors that got broken off its hinges. Screaming voices filling the air. Fire and flames crackling and trying to grasp anyone who came too close. Footsteps approaching. Blood as red as the darkest wine got spilled on the decorated marble floors. Dark and husky laughter filling the hallways of the large mansion. A man and a woman, a couple, begging for their life. Begging for mercy. Begging to be spared. Alas. Two shots were fired. Dead silence followed.

A son screaming for his father and mother, hidden away under a desk, pistol in his trembling hands. Too late. Not much later another gunshot could be heard and once again: Dead silence followed. 

Heels clicking on the floor filled the air. "Get the girl!" A man shouted, his voice husky and dark. A girl was running through the halls, her long golden curly hair, like rays of sunlight, swishing from left to right with each step she took. Lips as red as blood. Just like her dress. Her breath was caught in her throat and her grey-blue eyes darted around the room. Nowhere to turn anymore. Nowhere to hide. Absolutely no possibility of escape. 

Once again, heavy footsteps were approaching. Suddenly there was someone behind her. "Gotcha now, little missy..." She turned on her heel, her eyes meeting him. Eyes as dark as ebony. The foul stench of rum, gunpowder and blood filled the girl's nostrils as she backed away from the disgusting man in front of her. A sword got raised, but the girl didn't flinch for one bit. "I don't think so, you bastard!" A quick uppercut to the jaw was all it took to give her an escape opportunity, but this wasn't without any harm. One swing of the sword left a nasty cut just below her eye, but at least she got out of the man's grasp and ran through the long hallway.

She ran off to the balcony that was looming over the deep waters of the sea. Jumping down would be a huge risk, but what other choice did she have. However there was no chance of making a choice anymore. Once again, the man's voice filled the air and the girl turned around, meeting his eyes one final time. Not a single trace of regret or mercy could be seen in his eyes. Some final words got spat at her, before the sword got raised, the blade glistening beautifully in the light of the moon. "Nowhere to turn now..."