summer break

dracos pov
she kissed me. she actually kissed me.
i was so touch deprived in that moment that i would've kissed anyone. and i'm so, so glad that she was that anyone.

i love her. i can't do this to her, she'll never forgive me.
"we should run away," i said, thinking out loud. she turned to me and gave me a confusing look. "what?" she simply asked.
"um..sorry i was just thinking out loud." i replied.
she stared at me for a while then said, "yes."
i looked back up at her.
her broken eyes had a glimpse of hope.
"yes, we should." she finally said.
"but where would we go? voldemort would find-"
shit. way to go.
"what?!" she blurted out, jumping out of her seat.
"uh. well- you see.." i started. i couldn't talk about this in public. "come, let's go back to the manor so i can explain." i told her. her jaw dropped and she looked hurt. "i'm not going anywhere with you..you death eater." she shouted.
my heart sunk. that's really all she thought about me. i'm nothing more than a death eater. i'm useless. it felt like time had froze. my stomach churned.
"i'm sorry." she whispered, looking down at the ground. i couldn't be mad at her, i couldn't bear to be without her.
"it's alright, really." i assured her. but it wasn't.
she looked back up to me and fell into my chest. "oh, draco," she sobbed, "i've been so horrible to you." she rasped. i stroked her hair and kissed the top of her head. more guilt washed over me as i hugged her tighter.
"i promise you, i'm fine and you haven't been horrible. not one bit. if anyone here was being horrible, it'd be me. i ignored you for so long and kept secrets from you." i whispered.
i felt a tear slide down my cheek.
my throat burned with anger.
why is everything like this?
why couldn't we just be a normal couple?
why did i have to be a death eater?
i quickly wiped away the tear and whispered in her ear, "we should get going, darling." she looked up at me and wiped her eyes.
she jumped onto her tip-toes and planted a small kiss on my cheek. this girl is more than i could ever ask for.
i grabbed her hand gently, pull out my wand, and apparated to the malfoy manor.

y/n's pov
when we arrived, lightening struck the sky, and thunder rumbled around in he clouds.
it was pouring harshly, soaking draco and i.
draco knocked three loud knocks on the front door. it creaked open a smidge.
"who's there?" an old voice grunted.
"malfoy." draco said sternly. the door peered open a bit more and a scraggly old man eyed us suspiciously.
"who's the girl?" he rasped. his eyes were twitching and his greasy hair was matted at the top of his head. gross.
"this is my girlfriend, y/n y/l/n. my father already knows about her." draco replied cooly.
the man scowled and opened the door for us. draco strutted right in and i scurried behind him. i followed him up the grand staircase, leading to the first door on the left. he took a small key from his pocket, unlocked the door, and strode right in. his room was so..blank.
"loving the lack of decoration." i joked, my voice dripping with sarcasm. i almost saw amusement flicker over his eyes for a split second, but his face hardened and he scoffed.
"i don't really spend my time in here that often." he replied, "i'm usually at hogwarts."
"what about summer break?" i asked, "don't you spend time in here when there's no school?"
"no, not really," he replied simply as he started cleaning his bed, "i usually spend most of my time in the garden. i played there as a child. but i guess i do come in here sometimes. i read over there," he nudged his chin over to a reading nook with a bay window, "and i sleep in here." he concluded.
"it's lovely." i said, walking over to the window. i ran my fingers down the sides of the window, admiring the wood graving. i stared outside for a while. "you must've been a lonely child." i finally said. he stopped what he was doing and looked up at me. "well," he started softly, "i had no choice, really. as a child, i was forced to learn spells and my aunt insisted on teaching me. she taught me about muggles.." he said trailing off, "but, i'm sure you don't want to hear the horrific things i learned as a child." he spoke. poor draco. his childhood must've been torturous. "it's alright, i can tell you're not comfortable with telling me right now." i said sweetly, "maybe you'll tell me when we're married." i said in a whisper. i hoped he didn't hear me, but the room fell silent. i was holding my breath, still looking out the window.

dracos pov
"..maybe you'll tell me when we're married." she whispered. my heart froze. she wants to marry me? i..i don't know if i'm ready.
the empty room fell silent. i could hear the faintness of her breathing. i heard the clock ticking on my bare wall. i could hear my heart thumping against my chest.
"of course." i whispered back.
even though her back was to me, i knew she was smiling. i smiled as well.
i'd sacrifice anything for this girl.