5

When we landed, my companions helping the medical mission came to immediate rescue. I had contacted them earlier by radio message that I got hit by the sniper on a slope of Mt. Tugas as Mirza and I were flying over thickly forested part of the area. Mirza stayed and did not want to leave me wounded, but the doctor in the medical mission said that I needed an immediate operation to remove the bullet in my head which stayed stuck inside my skull. The doctor said he had to do it in the hospital.

I looked at Mirza, who was still seated by my side. "Don't worry, I'll survive this."

"When are you coming back?"

My co-pilot helped Mirza disembark from the helicopter. I looked at her still standing where she disembarked worried. I whispered I was okay, and that I would get well soon because I was coming back to see her so we could fly again together. She remained standing there still crying when we finally flew back to the main camp in the capital town so I could be operated on immediately. As we were flying, my mind was with Mirza not with my wound. I felt unusual about my feelings. Whenever there were girls around before I met her, I really would not give them any attention except cracking jokes with them and then eventually forgot about them. I felt really different with Mirza. The moment the helicopter lifted off, I really felt sad seeing her left behind and started yo miss her. I knew I would be coming back.