𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆

[𝟏. 𝑾𝒉𝒚 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕?]

 𝑾𝒉𝒚 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕?]

◇──◆──◇──◆

It was late in the afternoon when Ryder awoke. The sun had annoyingly been shining in his eyes, giving him only a guess that it was time to get up. But as he contemplated his feelings on rising with the biggest headache, he only fell deeper into his sleep. It wasn't long until he felt his body being moved and pushed by only his best friend Ash. He groaned in resentment, refusing to listen he began swatting him away.

"Wake up!"

Ryder groaned. That was one of the only things that he didn't want to do. The night before they had partied all night for his birthday and today he would reek the consequences of his actions from drinking hard liquor on a school night. He could only blame Penelope for convincing him to go to the party. He didn't want to go in the first place. "Go away," Ryder growled.

He rolled over, pulling his blankets along with him and covering the rest of his body underneath the warmth. His friend released a harsh sigh, shaking his head. "Ryder, come you lazy bum, wake up man," said Ashton. "You've already missed half of your classes."

"I'll make them up later," He grumbled. It would mean that he wouldn't have to face his fath-  Alaric, while he ridiculed him for all of the bad choices he made and would continue to make if he kept this up. For the last couple of weeks, his grades had been slipping but could you blame him? With a man like that reminding you of how much of a disappointment you are, there's not much else to do other than prove him right.

Ryder was only able to gain a few minutes of precious sleep before the covers were ripped out of his hold and onto the floor. Instinct flooded through his veins like a dam had broken. His blue eyes snapped open and he kicked the intruder in the leg. They quickly fell to their knees, moaning in pain but Ryder didn't stop.

He was quick to grab them by the hem of their shirt, holding up his fist, readying to strike-

"Ash?!"

Similar blue eyes stared into his and Ryder sighed, releasing his best friend. He watched him gain his composure, dusting himself off. Ashton Winslow has been Ryder's best friend for as long as they can remember each other. He was half werewolf like his friend yet the only difference was that he was a vampire, Ryder was a witch.

Ashton and Ryder could be mistaken as twins at most times. They have the same color eyes, the same color hair yet the only difference would be their height and their charming personalities.  "What the hell are you doing?!" Ryder threw his hands up, exhausted with a headache brewing within his head.

"What am I doing? You're the one sleeping your life away and flunking out of class," Ash retorted. Ryder opened his mouth with a retort, but it never came. What could he say? He was right but Ryder truly couldn't care less to do anything about it at this time.