bones ; j•e

____𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒____

____𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒____

< John Entwistle>
Era ; 60s
Warnings ; angst. but soon cute fluff. 

a/n ; he's adorable
________________________

all week he had been avoiding me. when my eyes met his gaze, his eyes ran far away from my glance. every time i had tried to touch him, hug him, even plant a quick yet meaningful peck on his cheek he would turn away. always telling me some excuse along the lines of "later, love"

but later never came. 

the boys were almost finished with their electrifying performance. he seemed particularly calm while keith appeared to be excited, wound up for something- yet i didn't have a clue about that something. 

the glowing lights flushed his cheeks equally the moment his eyes flicked over to mine. for the one second they gazed into me, it felt as if it were eternity. my heart crashed against my chest as my fingers quivered helplessly.

then he looked away. the once dilating pupils i haven't noticed for months break away from mine so easily, carelessly. just a ticking second later, i saw the curly haired lead singer whom took the nurturing role glance at him, worry in his animated expression.

and john simply rolled his eyes. 

when the show finished, i left. usually i would wait for him, place a kiss on his cheek while his arms would tightly meet around my waist, pulling me eagerly closer towards his seemingly warm body. it was welcoming, our thing. 

now that never happened, and as much as i wanted to desperately beg him for an answer to my raining questions, i had to stay strong.

and the best way by doing that was leaving. he showed he didn't need me, didn't want me. 

i had hoped in my mind that there would be droplets of rain trickling down the strands of my unsoaked hair, just as the tears slipped down my uncurling cheeks. but it wasn't. the night was sparkling with beauty and everyone seemed thrilled. the moon smiled at me, the stars dazzled with their beams, and laughs from the uncommon amount of couples trapped me. with my hands clutched and grasping the opposite arm across my chest, i hung my head down and continued to be on my way.

the key slid effortlessly into the lock, which led me to timidly open the door, the childish fear of the idea of someone sitting in my home waiting for me still lingering in my thoughts. 

"why'd you leave without me,"

i turned around and was greeted by a sorrowful looking john. his eyes drooped making him appear to be a depressed elderly man. his hands dangled from his wrists as his lips trembled. 

"what's the point of staying if you'll just be distant with me anyway," i shrugged carelessly. 

he bit back his lip at my rather aggressive approach- well aggressive for me. 

"i didn't mean to be, i've just had things on my mind..." he stopped himself from rambling or even finishing his sentence, only leaving me curious.

i allowed my arms to hang, my fingers curled around my hip, "like what things?"

he sighed, looking down and shoving his hand into his pocket, taking a large gulp, "life changing things. i've been overly worried about your response though," he informed me. i could see the vast movements his fingers did through the fabric of his jacket.

"what's in there? your flashcard with your notes on how to break up with me?" i furrowed my eyebrows, my temper shrinking.

he only shook his head. my eyes widened at the sight of his knee being greeted by the ground and his hands rising closer to me. the stars weren't the only thing dazzling tonight, as what sat before me was as well. my lips curled into a fortunate smile as did his, and he stared at me. not for a second, not for two seconds, but as long as it took until i answered. not once did his eyes drift away to somewhere else, for example the thousands of nosy on lookers who peered at us. they must've assumed he had done this for attention, but i knew he hadn't, attention was the last thing he wanted.

the words of his rehearsed speech grew muffled to my ears as i simply studied him. the beauty of his expression, even if it appeared blank with only a smug grin. i could feel the thuds of his heart through the rocky pavement, echoing closer towards me. 

"so, is it a yes or no?"

_________________________

a/n ;  a request for the sweet and lovely colorofdxsire <33 hope you liked this hun !