CHAPTER 1-IT HAS BEEN A LONG YEAR- PART 1

PAIGE

PAIGE

'Paige!' shouted Aria and I went running towards her. 'Yes Aria'. Well well, if it wasn't for the diva.

Aria Lee, where do I start. She is someone you don't want to know personally AND I am her assistant. The whole world loves her for her asian american ethinicity, her movies and modeling gigs and she tries to be so sweet in front of the world but only I know how dreadful she can be. People die for her slim and tall body, black hair and the perfect asian nose. I have been working for her the past two years and I have no idea why.

"You never told me that I have a date with my boyfriend today." she said standing up.

"Which one?" I asked unintentionally.

"What kind of a person do you think I am?" Aria said flipping her black locks.

"Sorry Aria. I didn't mean it that way." I said really slowly.

"Ugh" she said placing her beautiful body on the couch or should I say her majestic chair.

You must be wondering, why did I call Aria by her name and not ma'am or miss. The reason is that I have been working for her for almost two years. (Yeah, after that conversation, I also can't believe it.) At first, she used to call me Miss. Paige Martin like I was walking for the miss Universe. So, annoyed me told her to stop it. In courtesy, she also told me to call her Aria, I didn't protest.

Yeah, I have been working for the cold hearted bitch for two years. People ask me why? It wasn't choice, my dream job was to design dresses for top models like Aria. I knew that I wasn't going to get it as easily like the people whose family is already in the Hollywood did. I realized I had to first enter Hollywood before getting my dream job.

The day had gone fast. Probably because I know how to keep myself busy not that Aria does not. The thing I was looking forward was my dinner with my childhood best friend Jaden.

He had gone for a long vacation to London. For a whole year, to do a job that would get him exposure. He was 24, and so was I. People say he got a glow up after going to London but he was always the most handsome person for me.

Last year was boring without him even when we used to video call almost every day. Though I did have some people to hang out with, I particularly missed him. He finally was done getting his 'exposure' and had got a job here in LA. He was an architect. A really good one.

I went back to my apartment. I was lonely. I didn't have a roommate even though I had two rooms in my house. I rushed to my closet. "You had to go for shopping, now wear something that is just good." I said to myself rummaging through my closet. I removed my denim skirt and a blue sleeveless crop top which had glitter specks on it. We had decided to meet at a café that had recently opened. I had never been there but I had heard that it had good reviews.

I went to the shower and turned on the hot water. The hot water trickled down from my head to my feet. I felt like I was in another realm. Then my consciousness kicked in, I realized that I had to meet Jaden. I stepped out of the shower and ran to grab a towel. Changed into my clothes and went to put on some makeup. I did not like to put a lot of. A winked eyeliner and nude lipstick were enough, mascara and eyeshadow if the occasion permits.

~~~~~~

I saw him there sitting on the chair. His black hair that matched his nicely placed eyebrows. His green dazzling eyes that changed color when he saw me. His pointed nose and fuller peach lips. It felt like time had slowed down and I was walking very fast towards him. Somehow, I reached to the table. He got up and embraced me. His familiar yet new smell stroked me.

"Hi shawty...I missed you." Jaden said.

"Aww I missed you too Mr. Eiffel Tower." I said breaking the hug.

He was 6 feet and 1 inch and I was 5 feet and 4 inches only.

A/N-First 700 words of my new book. Hope you like it. Please comment, vote, and share if you like it.
The next part is going to be someone's POV who is not yet introduced.