Chapter 8 - Sabrina is Home

Something to make you laugh

The sunlight hit me the moment I stepped foot on the concrete, I squinted for a few seconds before my eyes adjusted to the brightness of Mr. Sun.

Unlike the hallways the parking lot was bustling with students planning their weekends.

Boys in a corner debating which game to play over the weekend, girls picking outfits for parties and me wondering why Ry and Daniel felt I should tag along in their movie night.

I guess they wanted it to be just like the old times to rekindle whatever we had lost over the years in Daniel's absence.

It wouldn't be the same though. We'd be missing one person.

I sighed then walked in the direction of Ryker's parked car. I didn't see him beside it waiting for me so my best guess was that he was telling his buds that he won't be able to make it for whatever party they had planned to go to.

I leaned against the hood of the car ready to browse my phone when a voice caught my attention.

From what I heard this person was in a conversation and if I was so sure this voice wasn't meant to be here.

She told me she was coming back next week.

With curious eyes I turned around coming to face with the back of a blonde girl. She stood at the back of Ry's car a few meters between her and the car.

I knew this stature so well.

Sabrina...

"Yes Mom. I just came to see Elle I couldn't wait till tomorrow" she whined into the phone cradled to her ear.

Only a few people called me Elle

She turned and noticed me staring wide eyed at her.

She smiled widely as I did. She hurriedly hung up and tucked the phone into her back pocket.

I shrieked in my spot jumping up and down the way only girls know how to do. We mirrored each other and then we had both jumped the distance to hug each other.

"I missed you so much!":we both gushed pulling away from each other.

"Oh my God look at how sexy you've gotten" she said turning me around by my shoulders.

"Stop it" I blushed from her very plain teasing.

"I'm serious. I am so jealous" she said smiling.

"Whatever. I don't care".

She shot me a look "Oh really then you won't mind if I say that you've added weight and that you look fat".

She knew how much I craved for compliments like this, one bad comment and my self-esteem decreases as well as my confidence.

"Hey! Take that back" I shrieked trying my best to glare at her.

"You know I won't" she replied smugly.

I was so overwhelmed with happiness that I let that comment slide even when I knew she was joking.

I was so happy she was back it didn't feel the same when she travelled for her summer holiday.

Sabrina Taylor was more like an angel sent to me when I was in the dark place I created for myself.

She came as the new kid in town the year after my Mom died two years ago. She could have easily been the queen bee of our grade then because she was pretty much an all-rounder,  pretty smart but chooses not to read till the last minute, funny, confident and a list of many more beautiful attributes.

She noticed me in my isolated corner and since then we've stuck to each other ever since.

"I thought you weren't coming home till next week".

"I thought so too but my Mom's client didn't want to accept it". I laughed finding the humor in the statement she made.

Her Mom Lisa is an entrepreneur who deals in anything from make-up to house furniture. A very busy woman and a single parent.

Sadly Sabrina was the product of a one night stand and Mrs. Taylor isn't really looking for a life partner.

"I'm spending the night over at your house".

"Great".

Fine with me I won't be in between two airheads.

I guess she'll have to join us then or we could sneak away to my room and lock ourselves there.

Nah Sabrina wouldn't pass up a movie offer.

"I have some juicy de.." she trailed off looking intently at something behind me. "Who's the hunk?"

With an eye roll I turned to see who she was drooling over. I scoffed then turned back to her.

She was going to answer this one herself.

She scrunched her face coming to realization of who said hunk is.

"Wait a minute"

Turning to me she asked "Isn't that Daniel?"

"In the flesh".

"Oh wow"

We watched as Daniel and my brother made their way to the car. Daniel was confused because he hadn't seen Sabrina here before and Ry hasn't noticed her because his face is glued to his phone.

Daniel approached us first looking between both of our smiling faces. So I decided to do the introduction.

"This is Sabrina my very close friend and Sabrina this is Daniel"

"Oh hey Sabrina didn't see you there" Ry greeted after hearing Sabrina's name.

"I know can't really blame your poor lack of sense"

Burn!

Ry narrowed his eyes at her "At least I have sense I doubt you have any".

Sabrina replied pretending to check her nails "Says the guy whose phone is his brain".

"Says the girl who has a cat for a side kick" he retorted.

I rolled my eyes at how poor his joke was.

There was never a dull moment between both of them as long as they were in the same room. They got along pretty weirdly.

"That doesn't make sense dude" Daniel cut in.

Ry shot Daniel an irritated look "I'm trying my best here".

"It clearly isn't enough" Sabrina smirked.

They had a staring contest right there until Ry cut his gaze off first surrendering to Sabrina's mocking one.

"I'm glad we have the same view on this piece of shit. Nice to meet you" Daniel politely greeted amused by what had just transpired.

"Nice to meet you too".

Something tells me they will get along just fine.

Author's Note: Hi guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I hope y'all like the new character Sabrina who is Rachelle's very close friend. Ironically I imagine this role played by Sabrina Carpenter. I would love to hear your comments as usual and please vote and share if you enjoy it. Your motivation keeps this story going.
Thank you

Peace out✌️