Chapter 3

My heart had only loved Naimish from the moment I saw him. I knew that I had no future with him but I still couldn't like anyone else but I guess I would have to now, for my father's sake.

I took out the letter that I wrote to him a year back from my side table drawer and opened it.

Dear Naimish,

I confess...this isn't my best attempt at writing a letter but this is the best I could manage after hours of thinking and pondering over the subject. Believe me, it wasn't for the lack of trying because it took me fifty-one failed attempts to write a single letter.

There is something that I need to tell you before it's too late.

I don't really know how to start so I will start from the beginning. I remember the first time I saw you; you were wearing a blue shirt under a red sweater with blue jeans, your hair looked like you had run your fingers so many times through them. You were crouched down near a stray dog and feeding him.

At that moment, I don't know what happened but I felt something tug at my heart and it can be because of your kind gesture or your insanely good looks but I knew I was a goner. I was over the moon when I saw you at my school the very next day (the school uniform looked so good on you), it was like the heavens were giving me a sign and so I followed it (not in the way a normal person does).

I found out more about you, I was acting borderline stalker-ish even. I used to go to places I knew I could see you, I used to talk to people who knew you... just so I could find out things about you. But I could never talk to you, we were never friends...just batchmates and the few times we did talk, you never showed any interest.

I know what I actually should have done was to confess my feelings to you but I was neither that courageous back then nor now, seven years after that. In the starting, I blamed it all on infatuation but as the time grew and with that my feelings for you, I knew it was more than just simple infatuation. It would have been better if you just had the good looks and not a good heart along with it because then I could have found flaws in you and my infatuation would have ended.

But no, you had to have all the good qualities, it was like you were a character from a romance novel with all the good traits. So, infatuation developed into liking over the years and liking into love. Or maybe it was all love from the beginning that did not let me see any flaws in you.

You might not remember this...but the first time you called me beautiful, I had a smile on my face for days. One time, the school bus was about to move and we both had to board it, I was behind you. You stepped aside and asked me to board the bus first like a gentleman you are.

Whenever I saw you smile, I smiled; whenever you used to play for our school, I used to cheer for you; whenever you missed school, I prayed for you to be alright; whenever you were tensed, I got tensed. It was like everything that happened to you, every emotion that you felt had some impact on me as well.

When high school was over, I thought...now that I wouldn't get to see you as much or meet you...I would finally get over you but that didn't happen.

I tried...I tried so hard to forget you, because I knew you had a girlfriend whom you liked very much and us getting together was no longer an option, I guess it never was. But I couldn't forget you and just loved you from afar.

There were days when I got so busy that I didn't think about you but then the nights used to bring you back.

All of these seven years, there hasn't been anybody neither on my mind nor in my heart because you were always there.

The two years of seeing you daily to the five years of seeing you rarely, made me realize that

"I am impossibly, irrevocably and uncontrollably in love with you. I have loved you from the moment I first saw you and every moment after that. These years apart made me realize that no matter what I will always love you."

You don't have to say anything, I just wanted to get it out there so I wouldn't regret it in the future. Just know that there is someone out there who loves you a lot and will always be there for you.

With love,
Anna Greene

The letter still lies unsent in my drawer, I couldn't send it and I hate myself for it. But I guess in the end whatever happened was for good.

I kept the letter back and got ready for bed with a heavy heart although I knew sleep would elude me.

I spent the whole night tossing and turning, creating scenarios in my mind of what could have happened and what could happen. And sometime around the break of dawn I fell asleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I hope you all liked this chapter. If you did, please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

I would love to read your comments.